alleyway mode

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

bobbyghanouj
Peasant Status

alleyway mode

#1 Post by bobbyghanouj » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:02 pm

Is it a copout to play the game in the simplified alley mode? I've been wandering around for hours in original mode and haven't really accomplished anything. Is it more satisfying to stick with it and try to learn my way around? Will I be missing out on something if I play in the simpler mode?

crayauchtin
Royal Servant Status

Re: alleyway mode

#2 Post by crayauchtin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:22 am

Well, once you have the map you can buy from Alichica there's not a lot of reason to wander aimlessly in the streets especially as you can get directions to most places that are in the streets. The simpler mode just takes some of the detail out of the city, it doesn't actually remove anything from the game though.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: alleyway mode

#3 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:04 am

Well, there's a hidden location (mostly an easter egg) and a sidequest that has a nice, but not really useful reward that only appear in the classic system. But if the classic system frustrates, you can pick the simplified system and still enjoy the game itself. If you want to get familiar with the classic system, print out page 9 of the FACS document included with the game that has the city map on it and put it beside the computer while playing. Even without the in-game map (which is still a must-buy to quickly get around the city), you'll be able to navigate. Also pay attention to the street names.