Time keeps on slippin'...

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

kraas
Peasant Status

Time keeps on slippin'...

#1 Post by kraas » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:22 pm

Before asking my question, I have to say something: awesome job, AGD's and everyone involved! I waited on this game for years and years, and it was totally worth it!

Okay, now my question. I did some searching around and I didn't see anyone else asking this, so: is there any way to stop the passage of time? Or maybe add on days Maybe I'm just a slow gamer, but it seems like time goes by way too fast, and the caravan caught me off-guard. I still wanted to wander around in the desert and fight some monsters to get better at combat (I'm stuck at Khaveen; I play a fighter-magic user and for some reason I brought my shield with me and now I can't drop it, so I can't use magic in combat like I'm used to, so Khaveen just curbstomps me). Plus I just wanted to explore some more and make sure I've done everything and gotten all the points.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Time keeps on slippin'...

#2 Post by Erpy » Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:42 pm

I'm sorry, but there's no way to slow down time. You only have those 16 days in Shapeir to raise your stats. (though that should theoretically be enough to max them all) Fighters are also compelled to bring along their shield to Raseir, although if Khaveen wipes the floor with you, even on the easiest difficulty setting and you have magic, you can skip that battle completely by using the appropriate spell.

Sentinel
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Sentinel » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:37 pm

I joined just to say how much I truly and utterly appreciate what the staff at AGS has done. I'd like to be able to say I've played games such as King's Quest, but I never did as a kid. I will say that what I did play almost exclusively was the Quest for Glory series by Sierra, and a few others later like Gabriel Knight. The one I always disliked the most was QFG2 because of the outdated graphics and at the time, I didn't really type all that well (two fingers!).

When I heard you were doing a remake, I could hardly stay in my seat and I downloaded it the moment it was released. Thank you so much!! It's a very wonderful and enjoyable game, the graphics are great and in keeping with the other VGAs of the series, and I must say that I love walking through the streets of Shapier and wondering what I'll see next: clothesline, plants hanging from windows, elaborate doors. One time I even saw someone leap across the tops of the walls!

Really and truly excellent job! Sometimes I do have a bit of bug, like with my fighter. I'd beaten him already in arm-wrestling and then the Air Elemental showed up and even after talking with Keapon, the 'tell about air elemental' didn't show up. However, the 'combination' for menu of parser and point and click came in handy there, so thank you for that too!

I couldn't think of any game that I wanted redone more than QFG2, as a staple of my childhood, and I had the greatest fun in playing a thief in there. The added quests you put in made me never want them to end!
Psssst.... we're over here:

http://www.agdiforums.com/forum

Grin

Thanks for your comments, nonetheless! Glad to know that the 8 years of development were put to (questionably) productive use. It's also interesting to know that new players are still discovering the remake for the first time.

Regarding the 'bug', did you actually witness the Air Elemental yourself? For some "tell about" topics in the game, there's a knowledge flag where you need to physically see the subject of conversation with your own eyes before it will appear as a "Tell About" topic on the Hero's Point and Click menu trees. From memory, I believe that the Air Elemental is one such topic.
hehe :rolleyes Guess I got the wrong forum...

You're right, I hadn't seen it for myself. Thankfully I had a save just before I did that, so I could test the idea, so I guess it wasn't a bug but me just being an idiot by not going to see the thing before I talked to him. Come to think of it, I had another similar issue where it wouldn't say 'tell about' on one of the other two times I played it. It was probably that issue too.

Great job, all! I love this series :D

kraas
Peasant Status

#4 Post by kraas » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:56 pm

Thanks for the advice. I may just need more practice with the combat system.