Force Bolt Furry...some advice?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Sentinel
Peasant Status

Force Bolt Furry...some advice?

#1 Post by Sentinel » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:44 am

I didn't see a thread regarding this, so I thought I'd ask. Is there any special tips I could use to win this game? :cry I never beat him the first time I ever played a Magic User/Wizard and the prisms are driving me crazy. CyricZ's guide is my bible, but even after spending so long with it, I have yet to win one single game against the guy. Any advice, tips, something?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Force Bolt Furry...some advice?

#2 Post by Erpy » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:22 am

Not a whole lot that Cyricz' guide doesn't cover.

- Cast detect magic every turn, so you know which of Keapon's clouds can be hit. If any of them can be hit, use the rotation tool to derive which prism to hit for the bolt to reach that particular cloud.

- Put the difficulty slider all the way down. Keapon will be less agressive.

- Use the rotate tool a lot. It doesn't waste a turn and you can line up the red arrowhead of a prism with the green line of the next prism that'll be hit to figure out the path a bolt takes through the maze.

- Play agressively unless you only have one cloud left. Don't be afraid to trade hits. One or two clouds are easier to defend than 5 of them...it's almost unavoidable that Keapon gets some hits in on his own.

I assume you do know how the prism arrowy-thing works. Do you know WHY the bolt takes the path it takes when you fire it? That bit of knowledge is key to winning the game.