Problems with the type commands.

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

barondan
Peasant Status

Problems with the type commands.

#1 Post by barondan » Sun May 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Hey all,
Anyone else having problems when they type certain commands. I have tried every combination of "make theif sign" that i can possibly imagine to the money changer and nothing happens. Also I have been thrown out by the weapon sellar for "challenge to arm wrestle" and other such wordings more times than is resonable, lol.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Dan

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Problems with the type commands.

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun May 09, 2010 1:22 pm

"Make sign" should do it with Dinarzad. Make sure you type it into the tell-about parser, rather than the ask-about parser though. Asking Dinarzad about "make sign" isn't going to accomplish much.

With Issur, you must ask him about arm wrestling first before you're allowed to challenge him. Once you are, just type "challenge" into the tell-about parser.

barondan
Peasant Status

#3 Post by barondan » Sun May 09, 2010 1:23 pm

hehe, sorry folks. Just figured it out. How could i forget that putting the mouth on you does stuff. For an old school QFGer i feel silly, lol.

The type commands still don't work though. Hmmm.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Sun May 09, 2010 1:29 pm

For the record...the parser interfaces (both ask-about and tell-about) are used exclusively, with a few rare exceptions, to ask and tell NPC's about subjects. They're not for actual commands like "give flower" and such. Also, the only thing you usually need to type into the textbox is stuff like "shapeir" or "magic" and stuff. Don't start typing things like "ask about shapeir" or "tell about aziza".