having trouble with export

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

shazzama.pajama
Peasant Status

having trouble with export

#1 Post by shazzama.pajama » Fri May 28, 2010 11:04 am

I'm tyring to export my character. I've saved the file several times now but I cannot find any of them. Where are they going. I've been checking my quest for glory II folder but they are not there. When i do a computer search for them they don't come up. Then if i go in the game and try to save again it says it is already saved and makes me save it under a new name. I'm getting confused

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: having trouble with export

#2 Post by Erpy » Fri May 28, 2010 11:15 am

Maybe it's your documents folder instead of the game folder? What operating system are you running?

shazzama.pajama
Peasant Status

#3 Post by shazzama.pajama » Fri May 28, 2010 11:17 am

vista

shazzama.pajama
Peasant Status

#4 Post by shazzama.pajama » Fri May 28, 2010 11:25 am

here is a weird thing. If i go to import character in qfg2 it shows my .sav files of the characters i just exported. won't let me import them. thats ok. i can see my qfg1 character as well. so i go to my quest for glory II folder but only my qfg1 character .sav file is there and i don't know why this is. are these files invisible?

Markus Ramikin
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by Markus Ramikin » Fri May 28, 2010 11:32 am

Hm, could it be that sandboxing BS that the newer Windows systems make you go through? So if you installed the game in Program Files, it will not be able to write files there because it's a protected area. Instead, the files that game saves are saved in an equivalent folder somewhere else. Don't ask me where, I'm still on Windows XP. Somewhere in your Documents, I'm sure.

(Oh nice, I'm no longer Peasant Status. Go me.)