QFGII to QFGIII Import Problems.

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

numbers17
Peasant Status

QFGII to QFGIII Import Problems.

#1 Post by numbers17 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:23 am

I had some export problems to begin with, but I just tried again and managed to find the file I made. When I tried to import my character to QFGIII I got this message:

"Not a proper "Quest for Glory II: Trial by Fire" character import."

I sat there for a minute with my mouth wide open because I really really worked on that character and the stats are pretty much cake and now I can't even get him over.

I'm using Vista btw and if there is any help that could be used please let me know.

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

Re: QFGII to QFGIII Import Problems.

#2 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:02 am

Make sure your saved character file is a .sav file and just copy it into your QFG 3 folder and you should be able to import your character into the game. It worked for me and i have Vista.

numbers17
Peasant Status

#3 Post by numbers17 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:22 am

I did and it still isn't really working.

akritas
Peasant Status

#4 Post by akritas » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:48 pm

I'm having a similar problem. I put the file .sav file in my QG3 folder but it simply doesn't see that it is there, nor will it let me change directories. :(

TheMetalPaladin
Peasant Status

#5 Post by TheMetalPaladin » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:36 am

To import You Need DOSBOX (MS-DOS) and QFG2 And complete The Game then You Need to Export a File For "Quest For Glory 3: Wages Of War" but in QFG2 SCI version Its called "Quest For Glory 3: Shadows Of Darkness"

Paviel
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Paviel » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:47 am

Speaking of which, I can't seem to find my saved characters from QFG2 either. I assume that they're supposed to be saved to C:\Program Files\AGD Interactive\Quest For Glory II, but I can't find them there. I can find my old QFG1 character, but not the QFG2 character.

TheMetalPaladin
Peasant Status

#7 Post by TheMetalPaladin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:15 pm

What did you name it? because if you named the file "HERO.SAV" it would say "HERO.SAV" or You Could of puted a Wrong Browse name and leted it be there and be stuff you dont change it and it would be in the AGS Folder or you might have a Bug that you Exported but didnt exported currectliy

TheMetalPaladin
Peasant Status

#8 Post by TheMetalPaladin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:19 pm

And I think the reason Why You can import from QFG3 is because you might of not Sured Goodly because it might say ".SAV" at end because This Happened to me once trying to Import to QFG2 DOS and it sed it didnt work even through its a QFG1.Sav but I already know why but Enough of me I Think its a reason because of your Skill because the Game I think might bug if you have 255 more Skill Points on any Skill incase just Restore back to a Wishes File and check what the Skills are and I might fix your Problem or You Chould do it yourself and Test if it works or your QFG3 is a version you might of moved it to a Wrong QFG3 Folder or somthing