Completed my first ever full VGA playthrough

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Paladinlover
Knight Status

Completed my first ever full VGA playthrough

#1 Post by Paladinlover » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Even though QFG 2 VGA has been released in the August 2008, and I did play through it at least twice during following two months. I didn't actually get to playing a full fledged playthrough in years.

In Jan 2010, I started the playthrough, but once I got to QFG 2, the only flaw in the entire game (VGA and EGA alike) was simply that the game ran on its own time and I can't get things moving faster or slower on my power. The boredom of just fighting monsters in the desert while waiting for the days to pass eventually made me concentrate more on other things. But in the past couple of weeks, I came back to it, finished the game, and then went through the rest of the series (not that they didn't take a while to finish, but the lag just wasn't apparent). I did this run as a Fighter turned Paladin.

I discovered some interesting factoids and bugs that could be exploited, too. For example, in QFG 3, some 'random' encounters are not random at all on the map, but you can consistently create attacks by specific monsters on certain spots. I've used this to fill up my quota of monsters killed in the game before moving on. Also while going again as a wizard today in QFG 1, with the healing and mana potion, which fills up only half your energy with one potion, if you click fast enough, you can get the effect of two potions for one. I discovered that rather late in the game... which was annoying since I could have saved a lot of money and time on buying mana potions.

That being said, how many of you would still be playing the EGA version of QFG 2 after the vastly superior VGA version is out? For me, once I'm done with the wizard and later thief playthroughs, I'm probably gonna go through a pure fighter using the EGA versions of both QFG 1 and 2.

Till next time stay cool 8))