QFG1 maxed out thief/hybrid

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

brisoune2
Peasant Status

QFG1 maxed out thief/hybrid

#1 Post by brisoune2 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:44 am

Hello fellow questers.
Can anybody help a brother out?

I'm looking for a maxed out thief/hybrid so I could play Trial by Fire like I used to in the olde days.
However, my previous character (farewell Maximus) has been lost in numerous pc changes.

I've seen some character creators but they only create pure characters, no hybrids and no customization thus, no Maximus...

So, are there thieves with hearts of paladins?
Or perhaps paladins with thieves' save games?

Max

P.S. AGDI rules!

Ajanhuiri
Peasant Status

Re: QFG1 maxed out thief/hybrid

#2 Post by Ajanhuiri » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Perhaps you're not looking far enough? This page has linked to creating super characters:
http://www.sierrahelp.com/Cheats/QfGCharacters.html, the second of which (by Doc) creates an excellent hybrid and sets you up with 1000 dinars (Shapiering gold). Since you can't take it with you, this provides you just enough (when combined with earned rewards) to get your spells from 100-200, However, this process is mind-numbing.

Alternatively, might I suggest a normal play-through of the ADG game and cheat-maxing following a successful unlock of battle mode & blue frog modes? You would have to replay the game but round 2 is a breeze. Granted, a successful unlock of battle mode does require pretty darn high skills (150 HP and 160-180 SP).

brisoune2
Peasant Status

Re: QFG1 maxed out thief/hybrid

#3 Post by brisoune2 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:18 am

Thanks Ajanhuiri

That worked great.
Weird because I was sure I had tried that save game importer.

Thanks again

Max