The magic game rewards.

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Paladinlover
Knight Status

The magic game rewards.

#1 Post by Paladinlover » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi guys.

I'm playing through the series again, and I'm in QFG 2 as a wizard (first time as a dedicated wizard), and I played the cloud game with Keapon. First, kudos for making such a challenging and creative game, Magic Maze from QFG 1 has NOTHING on this!

But as I played through and finally won for the first time, Keapon gave a reward (I won't spoil it for those who didn't make it), but I'm curious, if you play and win again, are there any subsequent rewards or not?

Till next time stay cool 8))

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: The magic game rewards.

#2 Post by Erpy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:31 pm

Your first victory over Keapon gives you the Force Bolt enhancement. Your second victory gives you his magical fan, which can be displayed in your room, but has no practical value. Any subsequent times you win, he'll completely restore your mana. Aziza's similar, except she doesn't like fans.

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#3 Post by Paladinlover » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:32 pm

I thought Aziza doesn't play games?

EDIT: I checked out. She does. Thanks for the heads up. ;)

Till next time stay cool 8))

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:07 am

Aziza only plays with pure magicians who graduated, not with fighters or thieves who think it merely takes a few spells to be a wizard.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#5 Post by DrJones » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:53 am

The cloud minigame is awesome. It's a much better way for training spells than wasting all the mana casting them, buying pills, and wasting all the mana again. :)

In fact, when I see that I can win the game in one move, I spend almost all my mana casting the Reveal Spell, as it's the only spell that doesn't cost a turn. :hat

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:04 am

That's how I usually max out my force bolt skills. I start a game and keep tossing force bolts into the maze, even though I don't hit any of Keapon's clouds. Since spells cast during a magic game give you twice as much experience as casting them outside does, my skill goes up pretty quickly, even though it does result in a fair bunch of losses.

questinluddy
Peasant Status

#7 Post by questinluddy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:02 pm

Erpy wrote:Aziza only plays with pure magicians who graduated, not with fighters or thieves who think it merely takes a few spells to be a wizard.

So its impossible for my fighter/wizard/thief (WIT graduate) to play a game with Aziza?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#8 Post by Erpy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:57 am

If your base class is a fighter or thief, then yes, it is.