How Do I Drop or Store My Shield?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

questinluddy
Peasant Status

How Do I Drop or Store My Shield?

#1 Post by questinluddy » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:36 pm

I'm a fighter class but I fight better without the shield. Where can I store it in Rasier? Barring that, how can I lose it?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: How Do I Drop or Store My Shield?

#2 Post by Erpy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:21 am

You can't. From Raseir on out, the fighter has to rely on his battle skills, rather than cheap magical tactics to win. Of course, if you have magic, you can use magic to avoid combat altogether, but if you choose to engage in direct combat, only the best swordsman will remain standing.

questinluddy
Peasant Status

#3 Post by questinluddy » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:09 pm

Thanks for the reply....yeah I was having trouble getting past the 3 guards (normally when I had practiced against the jackalmen I'd used darts and bolts to win easy).

But eventually I figured out how to use magic to elude the guards.

I've beaten the game now (used magic for the most part) but I think I'll go back and see if I can find a way to beat the guards and Khaveen.

Thanks for the good times, I hope you guys remake QfG III too! I started QfG3 last night (as a mage this time, no more shields!) and it was woefully slow going on my computer.

goatmeal
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by goatmeal » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:53 pm

questinluddy wrote: Thanks for the good times, I hope you guys remake QfG III too! I started QfG3 last night (as a mage this time, no more shields!) and it was woefully slow going on my computer.
As QFGIII is already "VGA" with a point-and-click interface, it is highly unlikely anyone will remake it...

questinluddy
Peasant Status

#5 Post by questinluddy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:02 pm

goatmeal wrote:
questinluddy wrote: Thanks for the good times, I hope you guys remake QfG III too! I started QfG3 last night (as a mage this time, no more shields!) and it was woefully slow going on my computer.
As QFGIII is already "VGA" with a point-and-click interface, it is highly unlikely anyone will remake it...
I like the battle interface with this version alot. This makes it hard to return to mouse battles in qfgIII.

As a kid I never played beyond qfg2 so I'm in new territory. I'm considering just skipping 3 and going to 4, as the Transylvania setting looks cool.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:44 pm

QFG3 probably isn't the best of the series, but if possible, try to play through. It's still an enjoyable game and the series are made to be played in order. Skipping games destroys some of the fun.

adeyke

#7 Post by adeyke » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:08 am

There's no need to use the mouse in combat in QfG3. You can use the numeric keypad.