Frustrated with QFG2VGA

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

oversight1979
Royal Servant Status

Frustrated with QFG2VGA

#1 Post by oversight1979 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:48 am

Ok. So how do I set the arcade level to easy. Also why did you guys take out the "suckbluefrog" cheat out? I am sick and tired of dying everytime I enter the desert! I want to preset all of my stats to 999 BEFORE I start the game! So someone, please help!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Frustrated with QFG2VGA

#2 Post by Erpy » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:43 am

Simple, open the settings window and lower the left-most slider all the way down. (or rather a significant way down...there's only 3 difficulty levels)

Also, take Uhura's combat tutorial so you're familiar with the battle controls and practice with her to get your stats up. You're kinda weak at the start, but you get strong enough to take down the lesser monsters fairly quickly. Take advantage of the strong points of your class.

The blue frog debug options are still in there, but you have to beat the game under specific circumstances to unlock it, so the first time is always a no-cheat playthrough.

oversight1979
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by oversight1979 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:32 am

I hate all of your lousy excuses! FORCING people to play this game without a cheat is just plain wrong!

I would offer saved games if it was my game. That way people like myself wouldn't be so frustrated with it.

Anyone else who agrees with me, please let MR. URPY know! ERPY! Sounds like something I burped up, as in "URP"!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:59 am

I hate all of your lousy excuses! FORCING people to play this game without a cheat is just plain wrong!
Nonsense. Most people still play games to challenge themselves, not to God-mode through the whole thing on their first try and the later 3 QFG games didn't even have debug modes available to the player at all anymore. (and nobody complained) Besides, the debug mode is an easy way to break the game. We didn't want people to send in bug reports about bugs that wouldn't exist without messing with the inner mechanics of the game. The debug mode is something that has to be earned.
I would offer saved games if it was my game. That way people like myself wouldn't be so frustrated with it.
I feel like a bit of a jerk saying this, but your posts paint an image of an extremely easily frustratable person. So maybe it's just you. Nothing personal. Just a casual observation.
Anyone else who agrees with me, please let MR. URPY know! ERPY!
You heard the man. You know you agree with him, so don't hold it in for my sake. :)
"URP"!
Bless you.

oversight1979
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by oversight1979 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:57 pm

Thanks guys! Thanks for taking that insult so not seriously. You are right. I am easily frustrated. Other things in my life make me that way. But I was able to finish the desert things and finish half the game.