Help - save game and export file

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

spglee
Peasant Status

Help - save game and export file

#1 Post by spglee » Thu May 24, 2012 6:32 pm

I have just completed this game and exported my character, but I can not locate the export file anywhere on my computer. I have run a search for it by name, but it does not show up anywhere on my computer when I do so. I also noticed that I can not find my save game files on the computer either and suspect these are all in the same directory.

The export file appears to have been saved, as when I go to "import character" in QfG2, the file appears there, but I need the file for QfG3.

Any idea where it and the saved game files may be located, as they are definitely not in the game directory (C:\Program Files\AGD Interactive\Quest for Glory II).

For reference, this computer uses Windows Vista.

thank you.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Help - save game and export file

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun May 27, 2012 2:45 am

Check to see if they're located in your My Documents/My Saved Games folder/Quest for Glory II folder.

Also, on some systems, we've had reports that you may need to show hidden files in Windows to see any .sav files in the game directory. To show hidden files, follow the instructions in the link below:

http://mintywhite.com/windows-7/7securi ... -vista-xp/

Let us know if that works for you.

AFGNCAAP
Peasant Status

#3 Post by AFGNCAAP » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:18 pm

So I have finally found out where all the saves went, and I usually don't post on forums but considering this took me ~4 hours to find I figured I would help everyone out.

I also tried to find the saves using search and failed so I had the idea of giving the export save a very uncommon name zzz.sav then refined the search to look inside the folders. I also showed hidden files.

On my computer they were located in
C:\Users\"my name"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\AGDInteractive\Quest for Glory II
All my saves including the imports were there.

Hope this helps.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#4 Post by DrJones » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:30 pm

I hate when files go to that Documents & Settings folder. Microsoft made sure there's no easy way to reach it. I tried once to make a game in Game Maker, and all the resources went to that folder, pretty infuriating!! >:

Thanks for posting the solution, I hope you can help some other poor soul with the same problem than you! :)

marcosmauro
Peasant Status

#5 Post by marcosmauro » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:46 am

I registered to this forum just to say THANK YOU. I thought I would never find my save games from GFG II and thanks to YOU I did. Thank you dude, you're great :-)

Aristocles
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by Aristocles » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:47 pm

Now I need help. I can't find my Quest for Glory saves for export, and I use Windows 7. Please help. I've tried the things listed in this thread, to no avail.

EDIT: Never mind. Found it in virtual store. Thing was hard to find.

Architekt909
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Architekt909 » Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:55 pm

Came here 8 years later with the same problem. In my case, on Windows 10 x64 I found the file in C:\ProgramData\Adventure Game Studio\Quest For Glory II, so also check there if none of the other locations work