Unable to import Sav file to QFG3

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Romire
Peasant Status

Unable to import Sav file to QFG3

#1 Post by Romire » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Hey hey everyone

I hope theres people around still that can help.

So i completed the QFG 2 remake and became a paladin again YAY, and i got my .sav file.

However i have a slight problem, its not being recongised in Quest for Glory 3 as a sav file....then again its not showing up period.

Was wondering if any help could be provided please, while it took me a solid day to do it, i really dont wanna play the old school version and have to go from there again just to get a frikkin .sav file!

Appreacte the help

Notes:

Have installed to my E:\ Drive as Quest for Glory II and no other folder is saved in under the users folders on C:\

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Unable to import Sav file to QFG3

#2 Post by DrJones » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:33 am

I remember not having trouble with that, but some old threads mentioned simmilar problems.

In some cases, the problem was due to trying to paste a QFG2 savefile instead of the exported character. In other cases, it was that the .sav file wasn't placed inside the game's folder. If you are using Windows 7, it might be a problem with file permissions. You could try to run the game as an administrator and test if that solves the problem.

adeyke

Re: Unable to import Sav file to QFG3

#3 Post by adeyke » Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:52 pm

My version of QfG4 has a QG4INST.EXE for changing the settings. I'm not sure if yours does, but if so, try using that instead of the INSTALL.BAT. Editing the RESOURCE.CFG file isn't a big deal either, though.

Generally, I'd recommend using the custom installers from the Sierra Help Pages and using those forums if you still need help. It would be more useful than asking here.