Can't Fence Goods Menu Glitch

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Darpaek
Peasant Status

Can't Fence Goods Menu Glitch

#1 Post by Darpaek » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:41 am

I did the first thief mission. When I try to sell either the bowl or the tea service to the moneychanger, I click offer and nothing happens. I also lose the top-down menu. I've searched for other topics with this problem, but I only found one that suggested hitting F5 to get the menu back. When I bring the menu back, my gold is the same and I still have the item I tried to sell in my inventory.

This happens in both graphics modes. As an aside, I'm not able to run the game in DirectDraw for some reason, I just get garbled graphics in fullscreen mode. I can run DirectDraw in Windowed Mode. I can use Direct9 in fullscreen mode. I don't know if these glitches might have anything to do with eachother. I doubt it.

Thanks for putting all the work into this great remake! I'm having a lot of fun, and I'm hoping to steal more stuff soon if I can get the moneychanger to take the stuff. Thanks!

mrprmiller
Peasant Status

Re: Can't Fence Goods Menu Glitch

#2 Post by mrprmiller » Sun May 27, 2018 11:04 pm

It's definitely an annoying glitch, to say the least. The work around is to get all three items from the first house. If you have all the sellable items, it works fine.

Or, play on version 1.1, if you can find it. It works there.