Can I change the speed of Combat?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

BCaesar
Peasant Status

Can I change the speed of Combat?

#1 Post by BCaesar » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:05 pm

Sometimes I play and combat is super fast (the same as turning the movement/game speed all the way up normally) and it stays that way no matter how fast I set the game speed. Normally the combat is slower, similar to the game speed I play at (about half way up the bar) which I prefer as it gives me time to dodge and parry and such.

Is the combat sometimes being super fast a bug? Is there any way to fix it? The only things I read on this forum were people complaining about combat being too slow, but I was thinking some of the people who thought combat was super hard might be having the same problem I sometimes have (since when it runs super-fast I don't have time to dodge or parry or anything). I prefer my combat to be the same as my game speed.

Edit: It seems that usually the combat only runs super-fast if I have another program opened (like Mozilla). If I close the other programs then it runs normally. I think it's never happened if I only run QFG2 and close all other programs, but I'll come back and post again if it does.

So problem solved so far making this post sort of pointless, but maybe someone else will read this with the same problem and it will help.

PicardsFlute
Peasant Status

Re: Can I change the speed of Combat?

#2 Post by PicardsFlute » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:58 am

Thank you so much for figuring it out. This bug has been driving me insane.

bliznik
Peasant Status

Re: Can I change the speed of Combat?

#3 Post by bliznik » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:49 am

Yup! I can confirm. When I have another program running in the background, QFGII runs as fast as it can run on my computer. But if I close ALL programs and run QFGII on its own, it lags super-hard. This has actually been very convenient to me since there is no way to slow down combat any other way. (even if I slow down the game through Settings, combat will still be at the fastest speed) The Pizza Elemental is impossible for me to beat unless I slow down the game in this way.