It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:24 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Trivial question about the game's plot
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:08 am 
Royal Servant Status

So, this decision to go to Raseir with the caravan... at which point is it taken exactly?

Think about it. On day 11 Shema tells you that it's rumored that you're going to Raseir with the caravan, and from then on everyone and their mother takes it for granted. Where did that come from? I was like, how would you know, Shema? did I miss a meeting, or did a memo fail to reach me?

Was there a point in the story where this decision is made or discussed, and I missed it? You know, like the stuff you do in QFGIV are actually missions given to you by the Domovoi (and possibly Piotyr), and later Katrina - you don't get Yuri telling you out of nowhere that there's a rumor that you're going to be looking for Rituals. Or is it that the game takes its own plot rails for granted to such an extent that it didn't feel like covering them with dialogue and story.

It's not a big deal, but I'm curious.

Post subject: Re: Trivial question about the game's plot
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:13 am 
Knight Status

This kind of key plot point has always bothered me in some Games, nobody tells you what to do next, the Game just assume you know what to do next.

Take Kings Quest 1 for example, nobody tells you where the 3 Treasures of Daventry are or how to get there or who is guarding them, i mean why would Graham for no reason grab the legs of a giant bird and know exactly where to drop.

I do hope KQ2015 tells you these things.

Post subject: Re: Trivial question about the game's plot
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:39 pm 
Peasant Status

Well, to be fair, the KQ1 handbook does explain how the witch, dwarf, and evil sorceror stole the treasures. And the gnome does tell you that the item he gives you will help you in your quest. Obviously, if he intended to help Graham retrieve the stolen treasures, he wouldn't give him the key to a bath house or something.