Two problems/glitches with bellows as a thief

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

drrr42
Peasant Status

Two problems/glitches with bellows as a thief

#1 Post by drrr42 » Tue May 24, 2016 2:12 am

Hello,

I'm playing as a thief. I used the magic rope to try to get the bellows, but my top icon bar disappears once I am on the rope. In other words, I can't click on the hand to get the rope. The only icon I have is the walk icon, so I can move up and down the rope, I can fall off the top of the rope (which eventually kills me), or I can get off the rope. After I get off the rope, the icons at the top of the page reappear, but of course I can't reach the bellows with the hand at this point.

So, I thought I would spend two days (in the game--many hours of my life in real life!) increasing my strength and stamina at the guild. When I finally got my points high enough, and after spending way too many dinars arm wrestling Issar (sp?), I finally beat him. However, that's when the game decided to freeze...or something. Basically, the screen comes on that tells me that Issur (sp?) is getting weak and so I decide to slam his hand to the anvil, and then his red bar flickers between a very small line and a slightly larger red line for eternity. Well, I let it run for at least seven minutes and nothing happened. I had to force quit both times (and in between I went back to the guild and gained even more points since I thought that perhaps I was right on the borderline or something). My strength is now above 120 and my stamina is 165 or so.

But really, I should have just been able to get the bellows by climbing the rope and clicking on the hand icon and taking it--this is what another thread on this forum explains, and I am playing as a thief, after all.

I have no idea why both these glitches/problems are happening. Any insight? Or is there any other way I can get the bellows? Apparently something really doesn't want me to have the bellows :cry

PS: I am playing the Mac version.

drrr42
Peasant Status

Re: Two problems/glitches with bellows as a thief

#2 Post by drrr42 » Thu May 26, 2016 12:09 am

Hello again,

I thought I would update everyone about the glitches in my game. I restored to a few days earlier and didn't bother trying to use the magic rope at all. Instead, I trained with Uhuru and beat Issur (sp?) at arm wrestling with no glitches this time around. I beat him with fewer stamina points and the same strength points. So, it definitely was some kind of glitch/freeze. I still think there is some bug with the magic rope, though, since the icon bar disappears making it impossible to use the hand to grab the bellows. In any case, I've got the bellows now and hopefully there will be no further glitches for the rest of the game.

Zachski
Peasant Status

Re: Two problems/glitches with bellows as a thief

#3 Post by Zachski » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:17 pm

You can right-click to change your cursor, so you don't *need* to use the top bar to do that.

Unless you don't have a right mouse button for some reason, that's pretty much the method you're going to have to use, I think.