Zayishah naked

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Jack Stryker
Peasant Status

Zayishah naked

#1 Post by Jack Stryker » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:33 am

Isn't seeing Zayishah's naked body supposed to disqualify you for becoming a paladin? Because in my latest playthrough, I totally put on the X-ray glasses before giving her my extra outfit, and clicked the eye on her after she undressed, but Rakeesh still offered me Soulforge. At least I had the option to decline though, unlike in the original.

MusicLady1724
Peasant Status

Re: Zayishah naked

#2 Post by MusicLady1724 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:58 pm

When you think about it, how would Rakeesh ever know you had done that if you didn't tell him, she didn't tell him, and her nurse or whoever she is didn't tell him? So, if he didn't know, that certainly wouldn't disqualify you from being Paladin. Am I applying too much realism to a game? Maybe.

adeyke

#3 Post by adeyke » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:13 pm

Doing dishonorable things is still dishonorable even if no one finds out.

However, IIRC, the remake has enough potential for Paladin points that even if you lose some there, you can still have enough to qualify.

MusicLady1724
Peasant Status

#4 Post by MusicLady1724 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:05 am

adeyke wrote:Doing dishonorable things is still dishonorable even if no one finds out.
Good point. I was definitely applying too much realism to a game, which I am often guilty of doing! ;)

mrprmiller
Peasant Status

#5 Post by mrprmiller » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:31 pm

This was a rumor that got started, but I have no idea where, but it isn't true at all. Doing the x-ray glasses with Zayishah doesn't affect your ability to become a Paladin. The internal "Paladin Points" system isn't affected.

I did a 100% run as a test, and it I became a paladin with 550/550 points all the same.

Zachski
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Zachski » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:17 am

It wasn't a rumor - it actually used to be that seeing naked Zayishah would disqualify you from Paladinhood, an addition by AGDI.

It was patched out in the next version when people complained that "If you don't know that the glasses will do that, you get disqualified for something you didn't know would happen."

MusicLady1724
Peasant Status

#7 Post by MusicLady1724 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:54 pm

Zachski wrote:It was patched out in the next version when people complained that "If you don't know that the glasses will do that, you get disqualified for something you didn't know would happen."
I think that's a valid argument, one that I especially can understand because that exact thing had happened to me. I had completely forgotten I was even wearing the glasses because they serve no other purpose than that one event. When you buy the glasses first thing in the game and put them on immediately when its purpose isn't until nearly the end of the game, it's very easy to forget you're wearing them, which is what happened to me. Even then, I didn't know that was going to happen! D'oh! This brings up a side point that I keep forgetting to raise with the game makers; there should be some kind of symbol or something showing that you're wearing the glasses. But the Hero's appearance doesn't change at all when wearing them, and if I remember correctly, no one makes any comments about you wearing them. I'm glad they fixed it. I think it's only fair for people who have no clue.

adeyke

#8 Post by adeyke » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:19 pm

It's not really possible to make it visible on the character. There are many, many frames of animation, and it would need to be manually drawn onto each of them. As for having other characters react to it, that would also be difficult, since there's no way they could take you seriously with you wearing it. And giving it a GUI indicator would just make it seem much more important than what it is.

If I were designing the game (and if just leaving the whole thing out isn't an option), I'd make it so you can never ben in the state of wearing it. If you try to wear it outside that scene, you just immediately take it off again, and if you do wear it in that scene, you still take it off when the scene is over. However, as this was a remake of an existing game, they just made it work the same as it did there.

MusicLady1724
Peasant Status

#9 Post by MusicLady1724 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:59 am

adeyke wrote:It's not really possible to make it visible on the character. There are many, many frames of animation, and it would need to be manually drawn onto each of them. As for having other characters react to it, that would also be difficult, since there's no way they could take you seriously with you wearing it. And giving it a GUI indicator would just make it seem much more important than what it is.

If I were designing the game (and if just leaving the whole thing out isn't an option), I'd make it so you can never ben in the state of wearing it. If you try to wear it outside that scene, you just immediately take it off again, and if you do wear it in that scene, you still take it off when the scene is over. However, as this was a remake of an existing game, they just made it work the same as it did there.
I totally get that! That's why I said it'd be nice if there could be just a symbol on the screen indicating that you're wearing the glasses. It's definitely not realistic to show him wearing them or to have people react (outside of maybe Keapon Laffin). I was just explaining why it's hard to remember that you're wearing them. I like that design idea that you have but also recognize that the designers wanted to keep as faithful to the original as possible.

Jack Stryker
Peasant Status

#10 Post by Jack Stryker » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:23 am

Zachski wrote:It was patched out in the next version when people complained that "If you don't know that the glasses will do that, you get disqualified for something you didn't know would happen."
Hmm... I was unaware of that. Didn't really bother me so much, personally. After all, killing the gryphon was the only way I could get my wizards to avoid becoming paladins in the original.

Markus Ramikin
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by Markus Ramikin » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:54 pm

I think this change was a good decision from a game design standpoint.