Sweeping Sir James combat AI as mage and thief

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Markus Ramikin
Royal Servant Status

Sweeping Sir James combat AI as mage and thief

#1 Post by Markus Ramikin » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:01 pm

In his Thief and Mage forms he is surprisingly underwhelming due to not using his class abilities much.

When he's a Magic User, he should spam more Flame Darts. As he is now, in a typical fight he will cast zero flame darts, only a Zap or two, and generally die in melee combat. Even when I'm not a fighter, he rushes into melee range himself for no real reason, and without the counterattack move he doesn't perform there well at all! Having him be 3 different classes is pointless if the combats involving the mage and thief class look merely like crippled versions of the fighter combat.

Even when I try to "help" him act more like a magic user, by staying back and knocking him back when he rushes me, he barely casts any Flame Darts at all.

Also when he's a Thief, he should focus more on throwing daggers.

Lastly, he should be able to throw daggers and cast magic without needing to waste a combat round on hiding his sword! This "stance swap" move makes him hilariously vulnerable and I think it should go. I can cast with sword drawn (just not shield), so should he.

(Yes, it took me that long to notice this because this was my first playthrough without simplified streets. Is it just me, or is the simplified city much cleaner, with less garbage on the streets? When I started the complex streets playthrough I was like, is this Raseir already? :P)

Zachski
Peasant Status

Re: Sweeping Sir James combat AI as mage and thief

#2 Post by Zachski » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:44 am

Out of curiosity, what did you have the difficulty set to?

Markus Ramikin
Royal Servant Status

Re: Sweeping Sir James combat AI as mage and thief

#3 Post by Markus Ramikin » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:02 am

Highest, of course.