Bug?????

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

strummin365
Peasant Status

Bug?????

#1 Post by strummin365 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:19 am

Hello. Really enjoying this remake! Currently at a stand still trying to sell the dinner silver service to the Dinarzad. I can't really click it on her from inventory, I need to click just below her. Then the prompt comes up to haggle price, and once I click Sell the prompt goes away and her mouth just continuously moves and the popup menu bar becomes inaccessible. I also am unable to sell it. Any ideas?????

adeyke

Re: Bug?????

#2 Post by adeyke » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:54 pm

For the clicking, the issue is that the hotspot for that cursor is the spout rather than the center of the teapot. If you aim the spout where you want to click, it'll work.

As for the moneychanger not responding, that's definitely a bug. I'm not entirely sure what causes it. I don't have any saved games, so I used debug mode to test it a bit. In that limited testing, I found that selling the tea service only worked if I first exchanged some money.

mrprmiller
Peasant Status

Re: Bug?????

#3 Post by mrprmiller » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:40 am

I encountered this in my planning for the speedrun during RPGLB2016. The first thief house was originally in the route I had planned. I found that if I only stole the tea service and the emerald bowl, I could not sell them in the exact same manner you are describing. I had already exchanged money with the changer earlier, because I was able to get the Map for the sake of speed.

I found that if I took the time and stole the dagger as well and completed the entire job rather than just getting what I needed, I was able to sell everything. The game pretty much DEMANDED that I steal the dagger.