Battle keystrokes not very responsive

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

b74life
Royal Servant Status

Battle keystrokes not very responsive

#1 Post by b74life » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:03 am

Every time the game puts me into a fight scene the controls are really bad. Is it a windows 8/10 thing? I press keys very quickly to react and they only perform maybe half the time or less. I'll be surrounded and desperately spam the sidekick button or block to no avail. He kicks and half the time it doesnt even connect. I'll press the block/parry key on time and it doesn't respond it just ignores it and I get hit. That's not how the game is supposed to be is it?

b74life
Royal Servant Status

Re: Battle keystrokes not very responsive

#2 Post by b74life » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:05 am

Oh and another part that I know MUST be a bug because there's no way it was designed this way... during the fight with the guards near the end the front guy keeps stepping back and forth just on the right time so I can't hit him and I actually spend 99% of the time just constantly kicking. If I make the mistake of trying to attack he is always in the middle of stepping back. Please tell me that's not part of the design?

b74life
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by b74life » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:09 am

Also half the time he kicks the wrong way. What is that about?

b74life
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by b74life » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:12 am

Sometimes the side guy just comes at me and at me and at me and the front guy just sort of stands there. What is that?