It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:59 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Questions about QGF2 VGA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:36 pm 
Offline
Peasant Status

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:24 pm
Posts: 6
Hi,

I am glad that someone made beautiful remake of so good game that I had played 20 years ago. Great job. But I have some questions reggarding unpleasant things that I've found in the game.

1. I use wide screen monitor like everyone else these days with 16:9 ratio. If I want to play QFG1 VGA I have black corners on the right and left side of the screen.
But I thought that it would be the same with Quest forGlory 2 remake but it wasn't.
I get black corners also on the top and bottom of the screen. the entire real picture is still stretched for exactlay that annoying black corners on top and the bottom. I expected that the game will have exactly the same picture as QFG1 VGA or QFG3.

Is there anything you can do to get proper screen size?

2. Importing character didn't go well because it didn't give me the same properties as I get in the OLD EGA version of QFG2. It actually changes some statistics. Now tell me why did you add option for bonus stats to new category in VGA version when you import character? Old game give new points available only if you start new character and no bonus if you already have your character saved from QFG1.

3. I didn't play a lot but found that some points that you get with conversation to first guard in the game, wasn't there if you play old EGA version. I wanted to compare old and new game and found that changes are made there. I though it would be just a desing and some minor things.

4. Honor stats. EGA vesion didn't have that stats, but I just wanted to know if there was actually hidden honor stats in the game that you made it visible in remake, or is that a new idea added in this game.

I know I always want to play the usual way, but if resolution will be at least the same size as for QFG1 and QFG3 it will be great. I tried some settings options but always get corners on all corners.

Kindly let me know,
Thank you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Questions about QGF2 VGA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:14 pm 
Online
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2001 6:01 am
Posts: 1718
Location: B├╝hlerzell, Germany
usertech wrote:
Hi,

I am glad that someone made beautiful remake of so good game that I had played 20 years ago. Great job. But I have some questions reggarding unpleasant things that I've found in the game.

1. I use wide screen monitor like everyone else these days with 16:9 ratio. If I want to play QFG1 VGA I have black corners on the right and left side of the screen.
But I thought that it would be the same with Quest forGlory 2 remake but it wasn't.
I get black corners also on the top and bottom of the screen. the entire real picture is still stretched for exactlay that annoying black corners on top and the bottom. I expected that the game will have exactly the same picture as QFG1 VGA or QFG3.

Is there anything you can do to get proper screen size?


Unfortunately, the games can get pretty finicky in full-screen mode. How it scales will depend on your graphics card/driver and monitor, and modern systems don't always like those old resolutions. You could try running the setup and playing around with the options there, but there's no guarantee you'll get it to work.

Quote:
2. Importing character didn't go well because it didn't give me the same properties as I get in the OLD EGA version of QFG2. It actually changes some statistics. Now tell me why did you add option for bonus stats to new category in VGA version when you import character? Old game give new points available only if you start new character and no bonus if you already have your character saved from QFG1.


As far as I know, the importing works exactly the same way in the remake of QfG2 as it did originally. In what way did it differ?

I'm not sure of the exact reasoning behind giving imported characters bonus points to distribute. However, that happens with the other QfG games, so it's not so unusual. Note that imported characters get only 25 points, while new characters get 50 points. If you don't like the points, you don't have to use them.

Quote:
3. I didn't play a lot but found that some points that you get with conversation to first guard in the game, wasn't there if you play old EGA version. I wanted to compare old and new game and found that changes are made there. I though it would be just a desing and some minor things.


There are a lot of changes and additions, both big and small.

Quote:
4. Honor stats. EGA vesion didn't have that stats, but I just wanted to know if there was actually hidden honor stats in the game that you made it visible in remake, or is that a new idea added in this game.


The original does have an honor stat visible on the character screen. It doesn't show it on the character creation screen, but it does show it in-game. The same goes for communication skill.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Questions about QGF2 VGA
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:25 am 
Offline
Peasant Status

Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:24 pm
Posts: 6
Thanks for the answer, yeah imported characters doesnt get any bonus in original EGA version, which makes sense since you build good character in previous game. Other than that, the game surelly is great. Thanky of letting me know about honor and communication skills.

I truly love these games and remake is an excellent work, graphics, sound and everything.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group