QFG2 VGA advice

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

usertech
Peasant Status

QFG2 VGA advice

#1 Post by usertech » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:18 pm

This game would be great if it will use the same DOSBOX like quest for glory anthology pack.

I read about speed issues and can confirm that after I played with settings it never gets back to first settings when game was installed.
I get normal speed and even fast when I setup properly in the gameplay.

But after that next day I wanted to get proper 4:3 aspect ratio on my 16:9 widescreen. I couldn't get proper aspect like with that old games who uses dosbox but then I found that my speed in the gameplay isn't correct anymore.

When I switched game speed from low to high, I noticed that character doesnt respond faster actually, the walk and run speed is the same.
I tried that youtube stuff and foudn out that whenever a youtube video page is open and the game is opened, the speed works normally again. Character moves fast again.

I think that it would be nice to make some fix for speed for all new computer users and widescreen correct ratio. The game is great and it will be nice to use the same
stuff as anthology pack. That would make no problems. Remake version is a very good game and would be perfect with proper game speed and aspect ratio.

adeyke

Re: QFG2 VGA advice

#2 Post by adeyke » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:54 pm

DOSBox is for running DOS games, which the AGDI remakes aren't.

It is a bit ironic that, thanks to DOSBox, the Sierra originals are easier to get running in fullscreen than the remakes.

I'm not aware of any current plans to update the remakes.