Point & Click dialog option

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

krinat
Peasant Status

Point & Click dialog option

#1 Post by krinat » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:52 pm

Hi!

I've started playing the remake after not having played the original one. I found myself stuck on more than one occasion and when I looked at the walkthrough I noticed that you're supposed to ask people stuff. Stuff that aren't in the dialog when you speak with them. Than I found out you can put the "mouth" icon on yourself and greet/challenge someone....But that doesn't give you the option to ask them something specific unless you change the dialog option to combined/parser (another thing I realized). So basically does that mean that the P&C dialog version is not solvable? Seems weird. Just wondering :-) Will probably have a lot more questions in the future since I just found this forum.

Thanks.

adeyke

Re: Point & Click dialog option

#2 Post by adeyke » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:52 am

All game-essential dialogue options are available in the point-and-click mode. They might just be not be visible initially; the game uses a dialogue tree system, so some options are only visible after asking other things.

There are some topics you can only ask via text input, but none of those are essential to progressing the game. If you think you have a specific counterexample to this, post it and I can check it out.

krinat
Peasant Status

#3 Post by krinat » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:09 am

Well, I couldn't get to the option to ask Keapon about Air. Did I miss something in the P&C dialog?

adeyke

#4 Post by adeyke » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:14 pm

You can ask about "air elemental" via the "daily news" menu on days when it's present. That's the option that gives you points and the information you need to defeat it. I don't see an option for asking about just "air", but that seems to be a non-essential topic.