A few Questions about this remake ?

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

Re: A few Questions about this remake ?

#26 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:53 am

PbPb33 here is an link to 6 screenshots of the game http://www.gameboomers.com/Pressrelease ... IRedux.htm

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#27 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:05 am

Heh... I didn't realize those screen shots were out yet. That is a nice write up that goes along with them.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#28 Post by pbpb33 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks for the link! Bee You Ti Full!!! Looks like this game will have some of AGDI's best backgrounds yet. The beach scene is amazing... I can imagine that hanging on a wall somewhere. It's a shame AGDI isn't able to sell any of those paintings. It would be cool if they had some kind of contest where fans could win a background painting or two.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#29 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:20 am

Eriq has something in the works along those lines, but I shall say no more... ;)

Aristocles
Royal Servant Status

#30 Post by Aristocles » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:41 pm

The art is amazing. The only thing that was slightly off-putting at first glance was that Manannan's cloak is brown and he seems to have gone on a diet. I could just be saying that out of bias after seeing the IA version, though, in which he had a black cloak and seemed to have gained more than a few pounds. At the very least, no one can accuse you of copying IA after seeing those screen shots, though. Fantastic work. Who knows? Maybe the old guy has a black cloak or 20 hidden in his secret wardrobe er- laboratory. The brown one somehow makes him look slightly... poor.

No one said that Mannanan was the richest wizard around. His brother owns a palace, for example, while this one has a house and chickens. At least he's richer than Crispin. :)

And here I go pre-judging things. I'll have to wait until the game is released before making comments on the wizard's financial situation. Maybe a round of IA's version too...

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#31 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:24 am

Yes. Black cloaks definitely play in to this remake.

And in the original, Mannanan is described as being frail. He is powerful and could conjur up armies to take care of his menial tasks, but prefers his privacy and keeps a solitary slave.

Aristocles
Royal Servant Status

#32 Post by Aristocles » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:22 am

"He was very learned in all the matters of the heavens and earth. Of great age, Manannan presented a frail appearance, as meant, Manannan's impression of fragility lasted only until one looked into his coal-black eyes, which burned with a strange fire. This was, indeed, a powerful wizard. "

You win points for detail.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#33 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:46 am

Yay! Score! :)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#34 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:30 pm

Haha that just reminded me of the "score" voice effect in Freddy Pharkas!

rknight718
Peasant Status

#35 Post by rknight718 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:44 pm

Brand new to the forums here, I had to make an account once I saw your teaser page because I soooooooooo want this. I've been a general "Quest" fan as long as I can remember and KQ3 has always been my personal favorite. After playing your remakes of KQ2, QFG2, etc. I wished this day would come and now it has! I do have some questions about it so I'll quit getting fan-gook on you now:

1. Any details you can give about the mountain path? That was one of the major obstacles of the original game and while I hate it, it's still an integral part of the gameplay. >D

2. Did you get voices for the animals? I always loved walking around Llewdor with magic dough in my ears listening to all the stuff the animals might say. :D

3. Can you still kick the cat? Now before I'm lambasted for being cruel to animals let me state right now I'm a major animal lover. I have 2 dogs and 4 cats of my very own and love them dearly. However, the number of times that dang cat made me fall to my death on the laboratory stairs outnumbers the hairs on my head. If this is not a feature I'm not gonna cry over it but there was still a small satisfaction to the 8-bit screech from punting the little furball. I was always disappointed you couldn't boot Manhannen too after he poofed into a feline. :evil

4. (Not really game related but still a question) I didn't see anything on the other posts so if I'm repeating a question I apologize: AGDInteractive's FINAL(?) Masterpiece??? Are you guys going under? Are you calling it quits and leaving the audience wanting more? I hate to see you all close your doors but I understand if you simply can't devote this kind of time and money anymore. :cry

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#36 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:12 pm

1) You should be happy with what we've done.

2) Every part is fully voice acted.

3) I can't give away all our secrets! You'll have to play it when it comes out!

4) The AGDI team has a commercial side at Himalaya Studios. It is too expensive and time consuming to continue making free remakes. All future efforts will be devoted to original games that we can make a profit on.

edenwaith
Royal Servant Status

#37 Post by edenwaith » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:07 am

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:We contacted Robbie Benson directly where he teaches/taught at Tisch School of the Arts in New York, but he sent the inquiry directly to his agent who we had some back and forth communication with. He said something to the effect that actors doing game work make millions of dollars these days, and that his clients should too. It was pretty clear that the agent wasn't really open to finding any kind of middle ground or compromise with such exaggerated comments, so we left it there.

Fortunately, the actor we did get for Gwydion more than holds his own ground. For a start, he's in his early 20's, closer to the actual age of the character in the game (Robbie Benson is around 50 now). We were quite lucky to receive the benefit of a professional Hollywood TV actor who played a main role in a television series that ran for 3 years, and who has also appeared in some Disney TV movies. He did a great job at portraying Gwydion's submissive nature with undertones of who the character will become in the future, while emulating Robbie Benson's performance style quite well.

All will be revealed in time!
So, are these voice actors adding their talents out of the goodness of their hearts, or did some anonymous money need to be thrown into the chamber pot to sweeten the deal?

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#38 Post by navynuke04 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:39 am

AGD2 organized most of the voice actors. I believe everyone donated their services though. The either believe in our cause or were looking for exposure.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#39 Post by Erpy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:48 am

The person playing Gwydion was actually a fan of AGDI's work and offered his services at some point, I believe.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#40 Post by pbpb33 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:58 am

Is there going to be an original song anywhere in the game? Maybe in the credits? Like in KQ6?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#41 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:00 pm

There might be a few badly sung notes in-game, if that helps? :p

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#42 Post by Gronagor » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:08 pm

Urgh! You had to give THAT away!

Loney Childress
Peasant Status

#43 Post by Loney Childress » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Song like KQ6? Thanks a lot. Now I have "Girl In the Tower" stuck in my head.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#44 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:There might be a few badly sung notes in-game, if that helps? :p
Lol slick.

Bobbin Threadbare
Royal Servant Status

#45 Post by Bobbin Threadbare » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Erpy wrote:The person playing Gwydion was actually a fan of AGDI's work and offered his services at some point, I believe.

somehow it reminds me of Zack & Cody... :p

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#46 Post by pbpb33 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:51 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:
Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:There might be a few badly sung notes in-game, if that helps? :p
Lol slick.
Hmm. I don't understand what this means! I don't remember any singing in KQ3. Maybe there is a scene at the start with Valanice singing to the baby? Or is this another one of AGD2's sneaky, carefully-worded answers??

Or maybe teenaged Rosella and Gwydion sing a duet from their respective homes looking out their windows staring at the same star... while shown in split screen... like the part in the movie "Grease" when the two main characters both sing "summer dreams ripped at the seams" in split screen. Yes, I'm sure that's got to be it. ;)

Aristocles
Royal Servant Status

#47 Post by Aristocles » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:27 am

Well, KQIIVGA had "When I saw you", and IA's KQIIIVGA had "My way home" over the ending credits. If there IS a song for KQIII Redux, I don't think it will be revealed so soon.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#48 Post by Gronagor » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:01 am

No.
Maybe.
Definitely not!

Maxor127
Peasant Status

#49 Post by Maxor127 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:20 am

The pirates sing, if I remember correctly.

Loney Childress
Peasant Status

#50 Post by Loney Childress » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:28 pm

pbpb33 wrote:
MusicallyInspired wrote:
Lol slick.
Hmm. I don't understand what this means! I don't remember any singing in KQ3. Maybe there is a scene at the start with Valanice singing to the baby? Or is this another one of AGD2's sneaky, carefully-worded answers??

Or maybe teenaged Rosella and Gwydion sing a duet from their respective homes looking out their windows staring at the same star... while shown in split screen... like the part in the movie "Grease" when the two main characters both sing "summer dreams ripped at the seams" in split screen. Yes, I'm sure that's got to be it. ;)
I thought you were going to say American Tale, not Grease. lol