A few Questions about this remake ?

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: A few Questions about this remake ?

#51 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:33 pm

So did I lol.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#52 Post by pbpb33 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:55 pm

MusicallyInspired wrote:So did I lol.
Hehe, yeah... I was thinking of a hybrid between the two. I guess Rosella's blonde hair made me think of Olivia Newton John, but, instead, I would imagine Rosella and Alexander singing, "royal dreams ripped at the seams." 8))

Well, I'm very curious to learn more about what's in the game, but it doesn't look like I'm going to get a lot of specific info out of you guys. :\ And that's just fine with me... it'll be a lot more exciting as a surprise! I guess all I have left to say is.... in these stressful, crazy times of Egyptian revolutions with uncertain outcomes, terrorists running amok, and global recession leaving many out of work, I'm just so happy to know that at least there's a fabulous new King's Quest game coming out soon that will be like ray of sunshine and brighten the day... it will brighten mine, anyway! :D

Bobbin Threadbare
Royal Servant Status

#53 Post by Bobbin Threadbare » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:54 pm

You've probably thinking about that duet from KQ7 opening, a.l.a Disney styles... :lol

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

#54 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:30 am

I might be kind of curious about that desert screen shot. Hopefully it is not giving to much away. But it looks like a dark cloud over head with it raining.

Hmm maybe we have to use the storm spell in the desert in this remake game.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#55 Post by Erpy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:17 pm

That is the storm spell, but it was just used there for sh*ts and giggles.

rollercoasternd
Peasant Status

#56 Post by rollercoasternd » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:13 am

I'm sooooooo excited! I am really really hoping that "The Father" makes an appearance. I absolutely loved that addition to the story line!

DarkJaguar
Peasant Status

#57 Post by DarkJaguar » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:19 am

I too thought you'd mention American Tale, since that song's actually supposed to be between, ya know, siblings and not high school lovers (ick). Now I've got Somewhere Out There stuck in my head...

How much or little are you going to reference the unique story elements of KQ2+ in this game? Is The Father going to be talked about at all, or is it going to basically just be a slight expansion on the KQ3 story sticking closer to cannon? Either way works for me, I'm just curious. You mentioned it was a lot less of a re-imagining than KQ2+ was, though I also notice that the promo page shows one of "The Father's" lines, "Thrice now I curse".

If you'd rather not say anything, I'll just have to wait.

I guess my other question is just an impatient "when?!". You mentioned being done, so I imagine that you're in the final bug testing phase and that's the only thing holding it at this point? If so, take your time in spite of my impatience.

Aristocles
Royal Servant Status

#58 Post by Aristocles » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:45 am

Or maybe teenaged Rosella and Gwydion sing a duet from their respective homes looking out their windows staring at the same star... while shown in split screen... like the part in the movie "Grease" when the two main characters both sing "summer dreams ripped at the seams" in split screen. Yes, I'm sure that's got to be it. ;)

Oh great. Now I've got a scene in my head of all the KQ characters singing "We go Together" with Alexander and Cassima going off on the back of Nightmare at the end into the sky.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#59 Post by Gronagor » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:23 pm

Originally there was supposed to be a scene where Alex sung "Highway to Daddy's Throne", but it was cut. Not sure why....

Aristocles
Royal Servant Status

#60 Post by Aristocles » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:48 pm

"Highway to daddy's throne." Yeah, sounds like a song from a Disney direct-to-video remake. If there was such a song and it was cut, it sounds like the right choice was made.

crackerjack
Peasant Status

#61 Post by crackerjack » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:13 am

Attempting to wait patiently .... Attempting to wait patiently .... Attempting to wait patiently .... :o

ALRIGHT, WHEN WILL IT BE RELEASED ALREADY!?!

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#62 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:21 am

We've set an internal release date, but it's too early to tell if we'll hit it or not. It's more of a target at this point, so we don't want to tell you guys just in case it ends up moving.

Our target date isn't 2/28, though. :) ;)

Eld
Peasant Status

#63 Post by Eld » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:10 am

As a kid, this was my favorite of the KQ series. As an adult, I've thoroughly enjoyed your remakes of KQ I and II, and especially enjoyed the extended storyline and new challenges in II. I am saddened to see such emphatic statements that this is it for your remakes of these classic games - if there was a way to donate to you folks to get you to start the Space Quest series, I'd be all over it.

I created this account just to say that. It means a lot to me that 25 years ago, I was sitting at a computer desk playing these games with my father, and that, through your efforts, I will now be able to make the same memories with my son (who is about to turn 2). So, thanks AGDI!

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#64 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:20 am

If you want AGD Interactive remakes to continue, email Activision and tell them, write Activision and tell them, call Activision and tell them. Seems like they're in a generous mood lately...

Lambonius
Knight Status

#65 Post by Lambonius » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:If you want AGD Interactive remakes to continue, email Activision and tell them, write Activision and tell them, call Activision and tell them. Seems like they're in a generous mood lately...
Curious about how you feel now that Telltale has made their big KQ related announcement. :)

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#66 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:59 pm

No comment...

...and that's all I have to say about that (for now). :)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#67 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:08 am

It better be for now, because I'd really like to hear your thoughts on things.

Bt

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#68 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:49 am

Activision has granted TellTale Games a license to do sequels on the King's Quest series.

Google it for more info.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#69 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:51 am

There's a thread already about it in the Off-Topic section.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#70 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:49 am

I'll say this: having only one company acquiring and making every single popular adventure game franchise they can get their hands on, just because they can afford to, doesn't help the adventure genre expand or flourish.

Competition makes a marketplace thrive and companies like TellTale need rivals to keep them on their toes and to prevent them from getting complacent which is easy to do when you have a monopoly. Naturally, it's easy to be perceived as "the best" when you're the only one in the niche. Kind of like coming first in a one-man race. At any rate, I'd gladly be up for a challenge. Just give me the opportunity. ;)

cyberdalekyeti
Royal Servant Status

#71 Post by cyberdalekyeti » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:54 pm

navynuke04 wrote:We've set an internal release date, but it's too early to tell if we'll hit it or not. It's more of a target at this point, so we don't want to tell you guys just in case it ends up moving.

Our target date isn't 2/28, though. :) ;)
Ok but Still excited about this remake. Count down is on there's only 9 more days left in this month!!!

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#72 Post by navynuke04 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:55 pm

cyberdalekyeti wrote:Ok but Still excited about this remake. Count down is on there's only 9 more days left in this month!!!
You won't have to wait that long. I'm talking less than a week!