How about TODAY's NEWS about new game King's Quest 6?

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

rollercoasternd
Peasant Status

Re: How about TODAY's NEWS about new game King's Quest 6?

#51 Post by rollercoasternd » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:24 am

Chyron_8472 wrote:...but seriously, I would really have loved for AGDI to have made KQ4. Now having learned that Telltale Games is going to be making some sort of King's Quest game (which worries the heck out of me especially as they're former LucasArts people, not Sierra fans) I know that it's truly not going to happen, however much I want it to.
I have to agree with you on that! Magic Mirror has some big shoes to fill, and I freaked out a little when I read the announcement on TellTale's page... I know I should be happy and excited but I was really thinking. "Oh No! these LA guys better not screw it up!"

But its amazing to be witnessing the Adventure Genre's re-birth! 2011 is a great year to be a King's Quest fan.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#52 Post by Gronagor » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:57 am

You know. For some reason I didn't believe your inability to write a single comprehendible sentence a few years ago, and I still don't.
I'm terrible with English myself (ask Eriq and Emily!), but seriously...

Try http://www.google.com/translate

I'm pretty sure you'll get better results with this method.

How's this?
Интересно, насколько хорошо Google перевод с моего языка к твоему.
Edit: Crap. Didn't read all the posts. Sorry for a pointless post.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#53 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:35 pm

rollercoasternd wrote:
Chyron_8472 wrote:...but seriously, I would really have loved for AGDI to have made KQ4. Now having learned that Telltale Games is going to be making some sort of King's Quest game (which worries the heck out of me especially as they're former LucasArts people, not Sierra fans) I know that it's truly not going to happen, however much I want it to.
I have to agree with you on that! Magic Mirror has some big shoes to fill, and I freaked out a little when I read the announcement on TellTale's page... I know I should be happy and excited but I was really thinking. "Oh No! these LA guys better not screw it up!"

But its amazing to be witnessing the Adventure Genre's re-birth! 2011 is a great year to be a King's Quest fan.
I'm reposting here what I posted in another thread:

I don't want to go into any specifics, but for the first time in over 10 years there is a very real chance of seeing true Sierra games made the way they were intended to be made by the kind of people who know how to make them. The prospect of TellTale monopolizing the entire Sierra IP range is not an ideal one. So if you are a Sierra fan, and you would like to see *proper* Quest games made that will do justice to those series', please let Activision know. Please do not slander Telltale, though. They have the KQ rights now and they will make their game regardless. As Sierra fans, you should simply let Activision know your true thoughts on the direction you think these classic adventure games should take in the future so the feedback aids them in making the right choices.

rollercoasternd
Peasant Status

#54 Post by rollercoasternd » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:20 pm

Yeah I noticed that, I'll continue any other comments I have on that topic to that thread.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#55 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:55 pm

AGD2, is there an email address or even snail mail address where we can write to Activision and tell them how we feel about AGDI's remakes? How should we contact them?

Bt

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#56 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:42 pm

There's a contact page on their website at this link:

http://www.activision.com/index.html#contact|en_US

The email contact box only to be for customer support, but there's also a snail mail address there (which I've heard is a more effective method anyway). Thanks a ton to anyone who takes the time to let them know! :)

rollercoasternd
Peasant Status

#57 Post by rollercoasternd » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:11 pm

Not to sound lazy, but is there some sort of template that I should use? I ask because I want the message to be clear to them. What sort of guidelines should be used? I don't think the approach would be, "Hey Activision, make AGDI your official Adventures guys." So some tips would be most appreciated :)

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#58 Post by pbpb33 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 am

rollercoasternd wrote:Not to sound lazy, but is there some sort of template that I should use? I ask because I want the message to be clear to them. What sort of guidelines should be used? I don't think the approach would be, "Hey Activision, make AGDI your official Adventures guys." So some tips would be most appreciated :)
I agree. I will do this, but I want to make sure I get across the main, important points (I'm not talking about any behind-the-scenes details you can't share), that I know what not to say, etc... I don't want to say the wrong things or say anything unnecessary or unhelpful. Bullet points of important points would be good. Of course, I wouldn't copy the wording verbatim. It would be helpful not only for writing Activision, but also when going forth on other message boards and encouraging other adventure gamers to speak up about how we'd like to see the classic Sierra series handled.

Fender178
Knight Status

#59 Post by Fender178 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:50 am

Im willing to give Telltale games a chance with the new King's Quest maybe they can do some justice and bring KQ back to new and old school gamers alike. I hope they do a prequel to KQ1 to tell a back story of King Edward since little is known about him and how Graham became a knight of Daventry.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#60 Post by Gronagor » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:38 am

It's not as if you have a choice. They already have the license.

Fender178
Knight Status

#61 Post by Fender178 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:15 pm

Ya I know im just saying if we dont like what they are doing we just wont buy the game. We will find out more information what their intentions are at this years E3.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#62 Post by Gronagor » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:56 pm

Kinda doubt it. From what I saw on their site, they have too much on their plate. Maybe next year.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#63 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:18 pm

About the templates etc. I don't really want to turn this into some official Activision letter bombarding campaign. I think that would be kind of obvious to them who orchestrated it. This isn't intended to be a show of might. The idea is to just write to them in an naturally flowing way, as I think it would be ineffective if a sudden stream of feedback seems flowing in, solely for the benefit of AGDI (or whoever else). A little coincidental, no? ;)

What I'm talking about, is legitimately contacting Activision and speaking from the heart. If you feel TellTale should be the ones making the Sierra Quest games in the future, and believe that they have the ability to pull it off in classic Sierra style to the complete satisfaction of fans, then by all means tell Activision that you think all future Quest games should be episodic 3D titles. But if you prefer self-contained stories, fantasy artwork, and wide lands and lush landscapes to explore, and if you don't mind 2D graphics, and if you'd like to see either remakes or original titles in that style... tell them that instead.

If it turns out most *Sierra* fans actually believe these franchises are in the best hands with TellTale, then I'd accept the overwhelming Sierra fan-base's decision and concede that that's what Sierra fans want. You can't argue with that, and if you try to force though and win, you'll be making a product that Sierra fans don't want and probably won't like.

On the other hand, if most Sierra fans are wary of TellTale potentially turning the Sierra games into something they're not (as I suspect many are), just know that you don't have to stand there and watch it unfold that way. You have a voice, so speak up and tell Activision what you would like to see! As I said, now is a time Activision seems very receptive and are actually listening; opening up about doing new things with the IP. You only need look at Sarien.net to see that. Of course, we'd love the opportunity to do more Sierra remakes or sequels commercially and legally, but it's almost a David and Goliath battle when going up against serial-IP-snatchers with millions of dollars. Companies like us need to side with the fans to use the angle of giving them what they'd want in a game instead. But the only ones who can turn the situation around and ensure the licensing goes towards people who will do it justice and treat it with respect are Sierra fans. I can't (and don't want to) orchestrate something like an artificial-feeling campaign. People should care about the games enough to be able to construct their own thoughts and simply let Activision know their feelings. All you have to do is sound level headed and not speak badly about any one company and you'll do fine. :)

Heck, you don't even need to mention anything about AGDI or any other development group to Activision. Just let them know the type of gameplay you'd like to see in Sierra adventure games; what kind of graphical style, what kind of game mechanics and so forth. They'll soon draw the obvious connections if they hear enough feedback.

rollercoasternd
Peasant Status

#64 Post by rollercoasternd » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:31 am

That's what I was looking for. Thank you for the tips.