the game looks fantastic

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

quest
Peasant Status

the game looks fantastic

#1 Post by quest » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:30 pm

I just got to play the game for about an hour and it's absolutely beautiful. I especially like what you have done with the town. Good job guys.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: the game looks fantastic

#2 Post by Erpy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:15 pm

I realize there's review copies of the game floating around, but I'd like to ask to all those who got a copy early to keep schtumm on the game and gaming experience until after the release. :)

duckwizard
Peasant Status

#3 Post by duckwizard » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:45 pm

But I'm already stuck! I have to wait until TOMORROW to get help with this puzzle? ARGH! :lol

quest
Peasant Status

#4 Post by quest » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:50 am

duckwizard wrote:But I'm already stuck! I have to wait until TOMORROW to get help with this puzzle? ARGH! :lol
same here. :lol

Erpy wrote:I realize there's review copies of the game floating around, but I'd like to ask to all those who got a copy early to keep schtumm on the game and gaming experience until after the release.
don't worry, I wasn't going to mention anything specific from the game.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:35 am

If you need any help until then, you can do either one of the following:

1) Be a true adventurer and figure it out yourself. The original games came out before Gamefaqs existed, but people still completed them.

2) If you're desperate, you can PM me for a hint.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#6 Post by Klytos » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:40 am

I just realised the reason adventure games aren't as popular as they once were. People have lost the ability to think through a problem, they just log on the net and check out a solution.

GwydionGR
Peasant Status

#7 Post by GwydionGR » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:17 pm

There are copies of the game floating around...?

OK, NOW I'm REALLY impatient!!!! :eek :eek :eek

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#8 Post by Erpy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:31 pm

We mailed review copies of the game to several journalists in an attempt to get the word out...especially important since this game has been under wraps for very long and nobody knew about it. Expect articles to pop up in various places later this day.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#9 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Klytos wrote:I just realised the reason adventure games aren't as popular as they once were. People have lost the ability to think through a problem, they just log on the net and check out a solution.
That's what I keep saying. People are lazy and don't want to think. Probably because of the "busy lives" we have nowadays as opposed to the 80's when nobody worked...

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#10 Post by Brainiac » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Erpy wrote:Expect articles to pop up in various places later this day.
Speak of the devil...

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#11 Post by eriqchang » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:24 pm

Klytos wrote:I just realised the reason adventure games aren't as popular as they once were. People have lost the ability to think through a problem, they just log on the net and check out a solution.
Stuck? Can't get past the ogre? - simply run your red-gel decoder over the hint box to reveal the clues. ;)

rollercoasternd
Peasant Status

#12 Post by rollercoasternd » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:34 pm

eriqchang wrote: Stuck? Can't get past the ogre? - simply run your red-gel decoder over the hint box to reveal the clues. ;)
I miss those!! I really really wish that hint books where still made that way. I hate how hard it is to find hints these days. Its either be stuck and figure it out or there's a walkthrough. The walkthroughs are too much. I love the vague hints Sierra used to give.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#13 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:37 pm

There are going to be links and reviews popping up on the game throughout the day, but I'd like to ask that nobody posts them on these forums until after the game has been released at the site.

quest
Peasant Status

#14 Post by quest » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:13 pm

This is like saying we are less intelligent today because we have calculators. Today's gamers simply refuse to spend days and weeks on a single puzzle point in a game because they have options. Back in the 80's they didn't have options. It was either Sierra or nothing. Plus, don't you think it defeats the purpose of playing games if you get frustrated by them because they make you go through the whole game hundreds of times for a single item or because you can't seem to guess what the programmer was thinking when he was scripting a certain part of the game. After all, you are playing the game for entertainment and enjoyment. I, for example, was able to finish about 2/3 of the game in one day. I could spend the next month on a single point, or could get a little help so that I can start enjoying the rest of the game.
And don't forget that even old Sierra used to print hint books for their games (which just made me realized their incentive for making their games so difficult and frustrating).

quest
Peasant Status

#15 Post by quest » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:15 pm

OH by the way, I'm not a LA fan. :p

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#16 Post by Gronagor » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:27 pm

Nah. I don't think that's it. The interest is there, but companies prefer to go the mass market route, reaching 3 Billion people who don't notice they're playing the same game again, just with a few tweaks... and paying through their ears for it.

Less effort. More money. Can you really blame them? They have to milk the market before people realize they have choices.

Edit: Sorry. Just noticed a silly mistype.
Last edited by Gronagor on Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#17 Post by DrJones » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Some studies are starting to relate internet usage with shorter attention span. Here's a comic strip from XKCD parodying the subject matter. http://xkcd.com/862/

Bobbin Threadbare
Royal Servant Status

#18 Post by Bobbin Threadbare » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:47 pm

Now that I got my hands of this, there's a few comments I'd like to say:
1. This remake was absolutely gorgeous.
2. Kinda like the alternative side story here. The situation similar with count dracula in KQ2 remake are repeated here. Wonder if there's more to the story here since I only 'dispelled' the subject...
3. Though the time are more faster between Mannannan's absence, it was also quiet challenging.
4. The music so far are gorgeous. Never though it was composed by @MusicallyInspired. Great job! :D

That's it for now. Might be more as the game progresses. :D

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#19 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Bobbin Threadbare wrote: 4. The music so far are gorgeous. Never though it was composed by @MusicallyInspired. Great job! :D
Thank you! :)