Bugs

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Chyron_8472
Royal Servant Status

Bugs

#1 Post by Chyron_8472 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:20 pm

First, I'd like to congratulate the AGDI team on a wonderful game in KQ3 Redux. It's fantastic.

However, I thought I'd start a thread concerning any bugs noticed throughout gameplay.

- In various places during gameplay or cutscenes, large squares of scenery or sprites in the four diagonal corners are visible. It is noticeable several times, when a sprite walks into one of those corners (usually the bottom left) but the most noticable time is during the intro cutscene while looking through the telescope:

hypn
Royal Servant Status

Re: Bugs

#2 Post by hypn » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:32 pm

1. Standing in the stream (bottom right, of the screen to the left) and walking to this screen, it continues to play the "walking in water" sound effect while showing the "splashing water" animation on your feet even if you're not in water:

EDIT: now that I've posted this, I can't reproduce it... the QFG2 easter egg did appear in the screen to the left, upon returning to that screen - not sure if that has any part to play in it.

2. You can't always interact with the cat properly, on the stairs of the lookout tower - says you're not close enough (I think the issue is that you can't actually get close enough to it, for whatever reason, as opposed to it incorrectly thinking you're too far away)
Last edited by hypn on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bobbin Threadbare
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Bobbin Threadbare » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:52 pm

Another one:

Right after watching the intro and start the game for the first time, all the message zips by. Only after exiting and starting new directly makes the messages appear normally. Might have something to do with initializing voice here.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:26 pm

- In various places during gameplay or cutscenes, large squares of scenery or sprites in the four diagonal corners are visible. It is noticeable several times, when a sprite walks into one of those corners (usually the bottom left) but the most noticable time is during the intro cutscene while looking through the telescope:
What are your graphic settings? Using any filters/letterbox settings?
2. You can't always interact with the cat properly, on the stairs of the lookout tower - says you're not close enough (I think the issue is that you can't actually get close enough to it, for whatever reason, as opposed to it incorrectly thinking you're too far away)
You have to be nearly on top of the cat in order to catch it, so on a stair it's indeed possible you can't get that close.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#5 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:36 pm

Consider yourself lucky that you aren't tripping over it and falling to your death! :lol

Chyron_8472
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by Chyron_8472 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:43 pm

Erpy wrote:
What are your graphic settings? Using any filters/letterbox settings?
I have a Radeon HD 4650 set at my monitor's native resolution of 1440x900;
I play KQ3 in full screen;

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:56 pm

It might be graphic hiccup AGS has when in letterbox mode on a widescreen.

Chyron_8472
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by Chyron_8472 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:57 pm

It does that when set to Direct3D 9. When i set it to DirectDraw 5, it didn't do that.

edit: idk why it was set in letterbox mode...