spoiler - on the ship

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

quest
Peasant Status

spoiler - on the ship

#1 Post by quest » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:02 pm

Thank God the game has finally been released. Now, we can ask for hints. So I am on the pirate ship, been locked away once, climbed the ladder and gotten my stuff. I am waiting for the pirates to yell land, but it never happens. I keep missing my stop. What can I do now? The storm spell is no help, by the way.

Also, I think I have discovered a bug. Sometimes when I get my stuff back from the pirate chest, the broom is missing!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: spoiler - on the ship

#2 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:16 pm

That's not a bug. Alex deposited it after a day of chores. It's back where you found it at first.

The "land ho"-thing isn't appropriate anymore, so it's not in this version...the pirates have no intention of stopping at Daventry since they got their treasure somewhere else...they mere pass by Daventry. (the conversation between the captain and first mate is pretty much the "land ho" since they mention you'll get dumped in the hold when they get close to Daventry)

If you can get your stuff, that means the time is right to get off the ship.

quest
Peasant Status

#3 Post by quest » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:38 pm

Erpy wrote:That's not a bug. Alex deposited it after a day of chores. It's back where you found it at first.
I see. But how come I was once able to retrieve it from the chest. Right now I have it in my inventory. As I said, it's not always like that.
Erpy wrote:If you can get your stuff, that means the time is right to get off the ship.
That's what I figured. That's why I tried to get off the ship using my "teleporting at random" spell but unlike the IA version, the pirates don't give me a chance to escape. :(

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:43 pm

I see. But how come I was once able to retrieve it from the chest. Right now I have it in my inventory. As I said, it's not always like that.
Then it's something that was overlooked. Did you annoy the pirates and got tossed in the hold or something? The broom isn't meant to end up in the chest.
That's what I figured. That's why I tried to get off the ship using my "teleporting at random" spell but unlike the IA version, the pirates don't give me a chance to escape.
Then you need to put them out of commission first.

quest
Peasant Status

#5 Post by quest » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:08 pm

Erpy wrote:Then it's something that was overlooked. Did you annoy the pirates and got tossed in the hold or something? The broom isn't meant to end up in the chest.
Yes, that is exactly what happened.
Erpy wrote:Then you need to put them out of commission first.
I got it. Thanks. :)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:27 pm

Yes, that is exactly what happened.
How did you annoy the pirates? I just checked and if you do something like fall below deck and get tossed in the hold, the broom goes back to the galley. (as it should)

quest
Peasant Status

#7 Post by quest » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:51 pm

OK, so I am “locked away” for the first time. I go up to the second level, enter the captain’s cabin, and retrieve my items. While still in the captain’s cabin, I use the magic stone to teleport to the upper right deck. I am thrown back down to the first level. I go up to the captain’s cabin and retrieve my items for the second time. The broom is now in my inventory.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#8 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:08 pm

Thanks, I got it. It's a bug. The broom is "duplicated" if you get caught at that moment.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#9 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:45 pm

Thus is the dangers of teleportation! :lol

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#10 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Reminds me of TellTale's duplicating Delorean in BTTF. :rollin

Here we have temporal duplicates of broomsticks.

oversight1979
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by oversight1979 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:14 pm

What is the cheat code you used to go this far in the game? You figured out the trap door code thing this earlie after the game was released?!

How did you figure it out so fast?!

So that also means you turned the wizard into a cat as well? How? I can't even get into the labratory, the stupid game doesn't give me enough time to do what I need to do! How did you do all of this so fast?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#12 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:19 pm

By taking a deep breath and not panicking or getting frustrated over every single setback. He didn't use cheats.

quest
Peasant Status

#13 Post by quest » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:51 pm

oversight1979 wrote:What is the cheat code you used to go this far in the game? You figured out the trap door code thing this earlie after the game was released?!

How did you figure it out so fast?!

So that also means you turned the wizard into a cat as well? How? I can't even get into the labratory, the stupid game doesn't give me enough time to do what I need to do! How did you do all of this so fast?
I had a head start. I was done with about 70% of the game even before the game had been released. All I had to do was to guess the name of the file (like a good adventurer :lol )and download it from one of the servers (sorry guys, I really couldn't wait). I think I can mention this now because the game has already been released but feel free to edit my post if you see fit.
Anyway, I just finished the game with 209 points out of 210. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What did I forget to do? I guess I will have to play the game again some time in the future for full points. Meanwhile, let me congratulate you for your achievement and thank you for a great game. I am eagerly awaiting your commercial title.

oversight1979
Royal Servant Status

#14 Post by oversight1979 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:55 pm

Wow! You are good! I wouldn't even know how to find or do that.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#15 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:59 pm

Anyway, I just finished the game with 209 points out of 210. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What did I forget to do?
Did you check out the wizard's study VERY thoroughly?

quest
Peasant Status

#16 Post by quest » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:09 pm

Erpy wrote:Did you check out the wizard's study VERY thoroughly?
You mean the letter from "L"? Yes, I got that.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#17 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:12 pm

There are two items that eagles like. Did you get them both? (I'm sure you got one, but the other gives a point too)

quest
Peasant Status

#18 Post by quest » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:16 pm

Erpy wrote:There are two items that eagles like. Did you get them both? (I'm sure you got one, but the other gives a point too)
That must be it. I only gave him one item.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#19 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:18 pm

You only need to give one item, but you must pick up both.

quest
Peasant Status

#20 Post by quest » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:37 pm

Erpy wrote:You only need to give one item, but you must pick up both.
I gave the eagle the mutton (+1), and got the feather (+1). Is there more to do with the eagle?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#21 Post by Erpy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:40 pm

No, no, no, that's not what I mean. If you had already given the mutton to Manannan instead of the eagle, what you would you have done?

quest
Peasant Status

#22 Post by quest » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:45 pm

Erpy wrote:No, no, no, that's not what I mean. If you had already given the mutton to Manannan instead of the eagle, what you would you have done?
Haha I just read the other topic and I got it. I forgot to "borrow" the other bird's meal.

oversight1979
Royal Servant Status

#23 Post by oversight1979 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:36 pm

Sure would be nice if I could get to this point. But no, I'm stuck trying to spy on the bandits. Dumb Game!

SabreWolfy
Peasant Status

#24 Post by SabreWolfy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:26 pm

oversight1979 wrote:Sure would be nice if I could get to this point. But no, I'm stuck trying to spy on the bandits. Dumb Game!
Maybe you don't need to spy on them. This isn't a 1:1 remake of the original.