Problem with fish scales and using fly potion

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

jamin aura
Peasant Status

Problem with fish scales and using fly potion

#1 Post by jamin aura » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:06 am

1) I need to use fish scales for one of my spells. I have the fish, but I can't get the scales off of the fish. I've tried putting them in the grinder, I've tried using my knife on the fish, and I've tried using the spoon... I'm at a loss, no clue what to do.

2) When I'm in the bar with the bandits... I try to turn into a fly but it won't let me because people would see me. I've tried every corner of the room and even waiting until they have the bar wench serve them... still nothing. I can't do it outside, because after I turn into a fly I can't go through the door. Any hints?

hanakogames
Peasant Status

Re: Problem with fish scales and using fly potion

#2 Post by hanakogames » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:14 am

1. The wizard wouldn't lower himself to scraping scales off a dead fish. He gets those ready-prepared.

2. You can't go in through the door. What about other openings that lead into the building?

jamin aura
Peasant Status

#3 Post by jamin aura » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:03 am

OK, I figured out the bandits (thanks)... but I sure as shit don't have any idea where to find the fish scales... I didn't find them at the general store.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#4 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:05 am

Some ingredients can be found in the lab. The others are for sale at the store. Make sure you can pay, of course!