A little help please

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

Re: A little help please

#26 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:13 am

Good job! Play again and see if you can get max points or more awards.

Oh, and tell your friends. We'd love to have them play as well! :)

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#27 Post by Brainiac » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:15 am

jen wrote:On land, I got inland past a path...and could it be...Cedric in the scenery?!?!
Of course not. As the game tells you, that owl obviously can't talk. :p

jen
Peasant Status

#28 Post by jen » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:19 am

I do intend to reply tomorrow after work to see if I get get more rewards, max points, or even just more points.

I did also write up a blog post on my domain, so hopefully people who visit my site would become award of your games. I personally have the remakes of KQ1-3 and both Al Emmo games on my laptop and love them all.

If anyone would care to read my post, http://helpless-laughter.net/Jasper/?p=311

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#29 Post by navynuke04 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:18 pm

Awesome! Always nice to read a positive review. :D

jen
Peasant Status

#30 Post by jen » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:57 pm

Yesterday after work, when I got home and got my laptop all fired up, I played again, and ironically I still only got a 206, though I did get an award this time that I hadn't gotten the first time.

One thing I know I've missed both time is the letter. This second time, I looked all over the study and even the lab, but the only papers I found was on desks and Alex wouldn't pick them up.

Is there something that can be done with that chest in the lab, or is it there

Also, I just want to say, the more I play the game, the more the part where Alex picks up Manannan-cat by the scruff of his neck and declares "My name is Alexander!" makes me smile on the inside (that's probably my favorite line in the whole game, though the helping Medusa part ranks in high on my favorites too :D

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#31 Post by Erpy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:35 pm

One thing I know I've missed both time is the letter. This second time, I looked all over the study and even the lab, but the only papers I found was on desks and Alex wouldn't pick them up.
You get the letter by examining a certain something multiple times. You'll know it when you reach it, because it yields a different response each time.
Also, I just want to say, the more I play the game, the more the part where Alex picks up Manannan-cat by the scruff of his neck and declares "My name is Alexander!" makes me smile on the inside (that's probably my favorite line in the whole game, though the helping Medusa part ranks in high on my favorites too
That cat morph scene was one of my favourites too and yeah, that line is pretty badass. The voice actor got Alexander's lines just there. The partial incantation he recites in that scene also has that "I have you now, my pretty"-kind of inflection near the end.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#32 Post by Brainiac » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:33 am

jen wrote:Yesterday after work, when I got home and got my laptop all fired up, I played again, and ironically I still only got a 206, though I did get an award this time that I hadn't gotten the first time.

If the letter is indeed one of the four points you're missing, I'm guessing the other 3 are all from a single action. Did you eavesdrop on the bandits? Did you find the magic map?

jen
Peasant Status

#33 Post by jen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:47 am

I did get the map, that was one of my first collections during Manannan's first journey, but I do know I didn't eavesdrop on the bandits, so I do now know where 2 of my missing points are

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#34 Post by Brainiac » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:13 am

No, eavesdropping on the bandits is worth three points. That's all you're missing.

jen
Peasant Status

#35 Post by jen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:35 am

thanks, Brainiac, that tells me atleast where the points I'm missing are :D

jen
Peasant Status

#36 Post by jen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:37 am

I found the letter :D right now, I'm still having problems with spying on the bandits. I've climbed up the ladder at the treehouse, looked in the doorway and when I get the message that the bandit's not asleep I turn into a fly, flew in, but nothing really happened and after I left, the points didn't increase. Is this the right area?
Last edited by jen on Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Katiilein
Peasant Status

#37 Post by Katiilein » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:40 am

No the bandits talk somewhere else about where their hideout is... there you can spy on them

jen
Peasant Status

#38 Post by jen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:11 am

Thank's, Katiilein. It took a few tries to enter (I didn't see the entry point at first) but I finally got it!

jen
Peasant Status

#39 Post by jen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:03 am

I just finished the game, and this time got 3 awards...and a perfect score! Thanks to all that helped me along the way. I really appeciate it