Found a bug...

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

nickmasterx
Peasant Status

Found a bug...

#1 Post by nickmasterx » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:29 am

While stepping out of the stream the character still had the walking in water animation and sound effect, it went away when I reentered the stream and left.
I think it was on the screen with the waterfall but I'm not sure.

bechtd
Peasant Status

Re: Found a bug...

#2 Post by bechtd » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:38 am

I encountered the same bug, but you should really post this in the "Technical & Bugs forum".

It did start in the waterfall screen. I believe it may have started by performing an action (can't recall what specific action) while standing in the stream. Instead of re-entering the stream, I walked east past the cave (w/ web) and east again, still experiencing this effect. It stopped after I entered the ocean (to fill the cup), exited the ocean.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:19 am

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone who can replicate this consistently posts the exact directions on how to do so.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#4 Post by DrJones » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:45 pm

Might be caused by having a very thin mask line? I remember Al Emmo had some bugs related to double clicking in thin mask frontiers.

bechtd
Peasant Status

#5 Post by bechtd » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:44 pm

To Erpy:

I went back and tried to recreate it but was also unsuccessful. As far as I can tell, it's not a game-crashing bug. It's just strange to see and hear your character splashing through grass until you reach water again.