Awards? *possible spoilers*

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Maxor127
Peasant Status

Re: Awards? *possible spoilers*

#51 Post by Maxor127 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:26 pm

Is Award.25 the file you need to backup to keep your rewards if you uninstall?

Linnau
Peasant Status

#52 Post by Linnau » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:45 pm

Erpy wrote: Oh, and pacifist more relates to an aversion of weapons, rather than anything related to the yeti.
Weapons? Does cutting the cactus with the knife count as using a weapon? >D What other weapons are there in the game, anyway?

And you still haven't answered me whether pacifist and infamous are an opposite pair...

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#53 Post by Erpy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:18 pm

No, pacifist and infamous aren't opposites.

JohnWWells
Royal Servant Status

#54 Post by JohnWWells » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:23 pm

The awards were a really clever idea, is all I will say here.

flyinghammy
Peasant Status

#55 Post by flyinghammy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:45 am

Could there be an award for finishing the game without saving? That would be a true feat!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#56 Post by Erpy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:50 am

Nope, there isn't.

Loney Childress
Peasant Status

#57 Post by Loney Childress » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:19 am

I think I figured out Mr Bigglesworth. It's because the first time I played through I didn't know about the dog hair. Instead I pulled hair off the cat twice, hence the reference to the bald cat in Austin Powers.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#58 Post by Erpy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:26 am

(ding, ding, ding)
Is Award.25 the file you need to backup to keep your rewards if you uninstall?
Yes.

newcombm7
Peasant Status

#59 Post by newcombm7 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:13 am

I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten the Blue Hedgehog award or the Rise & Shine Award. I've tried a few times to get these - with no success. I'm just wondering how quickly I'll need to play (for the Hedgehog) - and if the number of points you get makes any difference. A few of the other ones I'm not really sure what I'll need to do for them. I'm not quite ready for hints on those yet. I'm a teacher on spring break next week, so I plan on tackling a few of those when I've got some more time. Oh yeah, still haven't gotten Legenimor yet - not too sure what else to do their either. Love the game!

Enchantermon
Peasant Status

#60 Post by Enchantermon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:55 am

Interesting decision to implement acheiv--I mean, awards. ;) I got Goldilocks (I always did that in the original game; I just find it fun) and Molasses.

Katiilein
Peasant Status

#61 Post by Katiilein » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:29 am

I only got the Consolation Award and Perfection Award D:

I'm a bad player *cries* xD

flyinghammy
Peasant Status

#62 Post by flyinghammy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:37 am

I got the Blue Hedge Hog Award by finishing the game in 32 minutes. You will have to get the cookie made before Manannan comes back the first time, and that means going to town twice because you will need to make the fly/eagle and instrument spell first and then get the mandrake.

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#63 Post by Billetwound » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:19 am

I just added the Rise and Shine and the Dr. Doolittle Awards to my collection.

I just listened and talked to every single animal in the game. I pretty sure i got the Rise and Shine Award for purposly waking Mannanan up while he was sleeping by talking to him.

I was again trying for the neat freak award but i must be missing something there. as well as a couple of conversations for the 'Enry the 'Ermit award, i tried talking to every single thing in the game till it wouldn't let me anymore.

Total so far:

Perfectionist Award *
Dag-nab-it Award *
Problem Child Award *
Rise and Shine Award *
Molasses Award *
Insomniac Award *
Marathon Award *
Klutz Award *
Mr. Bigglesworth Award *
Legenimor Award *
Dolittle Award *
Goldilocks Award *

flyinghammy
Peasant Status

#64 Post by flyinghammy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:50 am

Just finished the game for the 4th time. Got:
Perfectionist, Problem Child, Molasses, Scatterbrain, Shortcut, Klutz, Legenimor, and Goldilocks Award all in 1 run

I think Shortcut is when you combo the stone with the map. Not sure where I got the Scatterbrain Award but I did discover a 3rd method of dealing with the Yeti.

Radogol
Royal Servant Status

#65 Post by Radogol » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:20 am

Billetwound wrote:I was again trying for the neat freak award but i must be missing something there.
I haven't gotten it, but perhaps you missed a spot on the ship. You can use the broom on every screen there.

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#66 Post by Billetwound » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:44 am

Radogol wrote: I haven't gotten it, but perhaps you missed a spot on the ship. You can use the broom on every screen there.

here's what i do, dusting in the captains quarters, sweeping both screens in the bottom, the captains quarters, outside the captains quarters, outside the shipmates quarters, the front of the ship, the little area on the right where you climb up, the kitchen, and the little area across from where you climb up. As well as dusting in the mansion, emptying the chamber pot, and sweeping the kitchen. If i'm missing something i have no clue what it is.

i just ran thru again in an effort to get underachiever and blue hedgehog, but i took to long and picked up something i shouldn't have. i ended up getting 3 new ones for me tho. 174 points (3 points over i picked up all the food in the kitchen and the fish when i didn't have to) and 53 mins.

Wallflower
Sloth
Gluttony

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#67 Post by Erpy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:04 am

Neatfreak doesn't have any of its criteria lying on the ship, I believe.

And nope, shortcut doesn't involve the stone or map. It's simply about...taking a shortcut.

Also, 'Enry the 'Ermit award has some real "gotchas". Smaude's doom-line, for example, is among its criteria. And it includes animals, which makes it easy to lose forever. (well, until the next playthrough)

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#68 Post by Billetwound » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:59 pm

Erpy wrote:Neatfreak doesn't have any of its criteria lying on the ship, I believe.

And nope, shortcut doesn't involve the stone or map. It's simply about...taking a shortcut.

Also, 'Enry the 'Ermit award has some real "gotchas". Smaude's doom-line, for example, is among its criteria. And it includes animals, which makes it easy to lose forever. (well, until the next playthrough)

After you posted this i was like, i know i did all the Smaude lines but.. i bet i didn't talk to the yeti LOL. so i reloaded a game up at the yeti, and talked to him numerous times. then finished the game again. Still didn't get it tho. Made me wonder, if its Mouth Curser only activated ones or random trigger ones too. Like Mannanan telling you to feed the chickens or when you walk in on him in his study. He was probably the only person i just did the 4 coversations at the table with and didn't bother with trying to talk to or listen too.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#69 Post by Erpy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:07 pm

Did you try talking to the gull? You must have the language spell before even approaching him. There's also a case where you have to talk to someone twice to get the award, but if you talk to him the third time, you die. Those are easy to miss. 'Enry's award doesn't involve listening, only speaking.

What surprises me is that so many people got the insomniac award. I thought after the original KQ3's "watching paint dry gameplay", people'd be eager to be able to skip time.

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#70 Post by Billetwound » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:18 pm

Yep i talked to the gull, and to that guy. I didn't take him seriously LOL. i had like a 4 hour game session during that run. i was working on the dolittle award at the same time so i was talking to every animal as much as i could and listening to their funny little back and forths. I got the dolittle award so it must have been a person. Since i don't know what all conversations were included i clicked on everything multiple.. or what i thought was everything multiple times. I even did the Oracle as she's fading out, and the ghost after he gives you the chest just to make sure.

I'm gonna run thru it alot more, i might have a nice chunk of the awards done, but i still have alot more LOL.

But yeah i agree with the sleeping thing. I'll feed mannanan and just walk right upstairs and go to sleep, and walk out the room so he'll either leave or go to sleep and i can just keep playing. I think the only reason i got Insomniac and Marathon was because i was excited and wanted to check everything out.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#71 Post by Erpy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:32 pm

It's also possible to miss it when trying to talk to moving animals. For example, you must talk to both chickens, but since they're on the move, it's easy to lose track of which one you spoke to and which one not.

Also, the oracle and the bard have conversation parts that are missable and Manannan won't acknowledge your presence more than once during his lunch, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have more to say.

Scully
Peasant Status

#72 Post by Scully » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:56 pm

What are the Mr. Bigglesworth and Legenimor awards for? I got both of those, plus the Perfectionist and Molasses awards. I'm figuring the Perfectionist is because I got all 210 points, and the Molasses is because I had it in pause mode so often while I was working on the walkthrough. But I have no idea about the other two. Thanks!

Loney Childress
Peasant Status

#73 Post by Loney Childress » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:21 pm

I mentioned Mr Bigglesworth above. It has to do with pulling hair off the cat twice. It's a reference to the bald cat on the Austin Powers movies. You are supposed to get hair from the dog in the store for the 'listening to animals' spell. I did the same as you and pulled hair from the cat for that spell.

Xandarius
Royal Servant Status

#74 Post by Xandarius » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:58 pm

I got the Insomniac Award three times in a row because I didn't realize that sleeping actually sped up time. I would thumb through a book while waiting for Mannanan to return. I'm glad I finally realized it was useful to sleep.

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#75 Post by Billetwound » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:28 am

Just finished the game in 32 mins and 54 seconds and 171 points getting me - Blue Hedgehog, Underachiever, Grudge, Insomniac, WallFlower, Shortcut, and Marathon all in one run.

I believe Grudge is turning Mannanan into a cat his 1st trip away, and maybe turning into an eagle and flying down from the mansion is shortcut? I'm not sure. Definately exciting to run thru it that fast :) . Keeps you on your toes and thinking fast.

My List is getting long of achievements LOL.

I still need:
Consolation Award - Haven't a clue
'Enry the 'ermit Award - I know what this one all entails, Alot of talking
Lightweight Award - I think this one is about flying alot
Scatterbrain Award - I have a feeling this one is something about going into the lab without the wand or items constantly
Pacifist Award - I've never attacked anything in here so i don't know unless theres another way to get cat hair.
Neat Freak Award - Still can't find what i'm not cleaning
Stockholm Award - Haven't a clue
Roger Wilco Award - Haven't a clue
Infamous Award - Haven't a clue (edit: Got this one after a restore and running thru again)
Last edited by Billetwound on Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.