MAC Version - Windowed mode

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

zetetic
Peasant Status

MAC Version - Windowed mode

#1 Post by zetetic » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:47 am

How do I set the MAC version of KQ3 to go into windowed mode, not full screen mode?

Thanks.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: MAC Version - Windowed mode

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:51 am

You would need to go into the package and open the file acsetup.cfg in a text editor.

Look for the line:

windowed=0

And change it to:

windowed=1

Save the file, add it back into the package again and then run the game. It should then work in Windowed mode. Hopefully, if the AGS run-time goes open source, being able to ALT+ENTER in-game will be an option to toggle windowed mode in the future. I can appreciate that running setup programs and tweaking .cfg files is a little outdated.

Paulyboy69
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Paulyboy69 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:54 pm

If you have Crossover or Crossover Games you can also open the Windows settings utility of any AGD interactive game (you have to open up the application package and navigate to the actual game files folder to find this utility) and alter the settings that way. Besides turning on windowed mode you can also do other things like change the graphics settings and so forth.

It takes a little while for Crossover to open these utilities but it does work.

Great remakes by the way and thanks for supporting the Mac! :D

Paul

zetetic
Peasant Status

#4 Post by zetetic » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks for that!

I saw that there's a winsetup program in the folder. I have Wine installed and it actually works!!
So I was able to use the winsetup program and set up the game options.

So any MAC users, as long as you have Wine installed on your Mac, you can run the winsetup program inside the package and set your options.

gund
Peasant Status

#5 Post by gund » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:33 pm

So, I tried switching the mode to windows by messing with the 0/1 as suggested above, but the actual window that's running the game is about the size of a dollar bill folded in half, stuck in the middle of my Mac screen. Is there any way to make it larger so I can clearly see what's happening?

Paulyboy69
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Paulyboy69 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:47 am

gund wrote:So, I tried switching the mode to windows by messing with the 0/1 as suggested above, but the actual window that's running the game is about the size of a dollar bill folded in half, stuck in the middle of my Mac screen. Is there any way to make it larger so I can clearly see what's happening?
If you access the Windows settings utility,as I described above, you can change the resolution of the game which will in-turn alter the size of the game window in windowed mode.

-PN