Small bug description/voice mismatch in Manannnan bedchamber

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Ayrus
Peasant Status

Small bug description/voice mismatch in Manannnan bedchamber

#1 Post by Ayrus » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:05 am

Hi. My first post, I am still playing the game, and of course it looks great and so on, but I'll write my congratulatory messages later, after finishing the game :). Is there a bug/suggestion thread, or should we just post our thoughts as new topics?

Anyways, a bug report: after taking care of the wizard, if you look a candle in his bedchambers, the description says "A small bedside candle sits beside the bed.". But the narrator voice says that "This is part of a ships' steering mechanism".

Also, a technical suggestion: the mouse wheel should scroll the list of saved games. And that same list of saved games should have a standard scrolling bar which you can use to quickly move up or down the list, if there is more than fits in one screen.

Cheers, very good work with the game.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Small bug description/voice mismatch in Manannnan bedcha

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:54 am

Well noticed! There are specific messages for certain objects that mention Manannan by name when he's in human form. These required alternate messages after he was pussified to indicate that he's no longer in human form. The candle in the bedroom is one such object, but it seems to be using the wrong speech reference number. Not sure how it got like that, but it'll be fixed for the next build.

As for the mouse wheel support in GUIs I'm not sure if AGS fully supports that. I know it doesn't support scrollbars.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Small bug description/voice mismatch in Manannnan bedcha

#3 Post by DrJones » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:53 pm

I think I can explain that mismatch. There was a fixed bug in the ship where looking at the rudder of the ship would give the speech of the candle, so maybe these two descriptions got swapped and only the ship part got fixed.

About the mouse wheel, couldn't the implementation be implemented in the mouse cursor instead of the GUI? I think there's a specific mouse cursor just for the save/load GUI that could call a method of scrolling when the wheel is used.