Cat hair

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

duckwizard
Peasant Status

Cat hair

#1 Post by duckwizard » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm doing pretty well so far, but this one is making me feel stupid. I am ready to vanquish Mananan, but I can't seem to get any hair off of that blasted cat! He just scratches me and gets away without giving up the goods. I tried to make him sleep; it won't let me do that. I tried to become invisible; no dice there either. Something tells me becoming a fly or an eagle or brewing a storm is not going to help.

Tiny hint? Please?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Cat hair

#2 Post by Erpy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:48 pm

If you can grab him and click the interaction cursor on yourself, you should get some hair. It's tricky catching the cat, but it's possible.

duckwizard
Peasant Status

#3 Post by duckwizard » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:01 pm

Got it, thanks. I guess I just gave up too easily and assumed there was a puzzle on how to pick up the cat rather than just trying enough times.

BCaesar
Peasant Status

#4 Post by BCaesar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:37 am

Erpy wrote:If you can grab him and click the interaction cursor on yourself, you should get some hair. It's tricky catching the cat, but it's possible.

Seriously? After having the cat scratch me a few dozen times I assumed there was a trick. They really should just make that easier since in an adventure game usually if you can't do something it means there's a trick. So the idea that you just have to keep trying dozens of times until it works is going to discourage just about everyone (like me).

Of course we have the internet now so we go online and the solution is, "Do it better."

Thanks though.