mice on the ship "bug"

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

quest
Peasant Status

mice on the ship "bug"

#1 Post by quest » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:59 pm

OK, this is less like a bug and more like an imperfection. The mice on the ship appear based on a random system. However, I think the system should be disabled after the sleeping spell has been used so that they don't appear (or disappear), as they are not moving anymore. Just a thought.

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

Re: mice on the ship "bug"

#2 Post by TriniMage » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:34 pm

When I first played, the mice were sleeping after the spell in the hold! When I replayed this squence a number of time I noticed a pattern. The mice are there sleeping on the first and third visit after using the sleep potion. When I visited on the second time (after using the sleep potion) their dissapearance was not as alarming as their reappearance on the third visit, never to appear again (well not never I made about 25 visits)... Interesting! Where have they gone? I am not sure if the pattern is same for all games or is locked to something in my particular sequence of actions. When I replay I will certainly look at this again! >D >:

quest
Peasant Status

#3 Post by quest » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:07 pm

The pattern really is unimportant here. My point was that there shouldn't even be a pattern after using the spell.

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by TriniMage » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 pm

quest wrote:The pattern really is unimportant here. My point was that there shouldn't even be a pattern after using the spell.
I agree the mice should be asleep either in a visible area (always visible) or hidden from sight (always missing.) I posted a pattern that I noticed so as to compare with others who may have experienced the same issue and also in case the designers may have an explanation!
Interesting I had forgotten the game 'running' in its window since I made the last post. Now this stops the clock, but the mice reappearance seems to be much more random now and I am more likely to see them missing than sleeping.
Maybe the event trigger for the appearance was not turned off after using the sleep potion, after all!

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#5 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:30 am

I think this is just an oversight. We'll fix it for the next build.