End Credits questions

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

goatmeal
Royal Servant Status

End Credits questions

#1 Post by goatmeal » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:57 pm

I have two questions about the end credits:

1) Who's headstone is that marked RIP? I realize that the scenes are part of the epilogue from different areas of Daventry (KQ1) and Llewdor (KQ3), but I'm not certain's whose grave that is is supposed to be...

2) As GwydionGR mentioned below, would it be possible to have Eriq Chang turn the overview of Port Bruce / Llewdor from the end credits into a downloadable wallpaper? It truly is a terrific picture/screenshot, and it would make a nice (and inexpensive) giveaway/promo item for the fans, many of whom I'd think would enjoy!
Last edited by goatmeal on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: End Credits questions

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:22 pm

1) Who's headstone is that marked RIP? I realize that the scenes are part of the epilogue from different areas of Daventry (KQ1) and Llewdor (KQ3), but I'm not certain's whose grave that is is supposed to be...
That particular scene is Seran's glade on Treasure Island and the grave is meant to symbolize that with the treasure no longer binding his soul to the Island, he's found peace at last.
2) As GwydionGR mentioned below, would it be possible to have Eric Chang turn the overview of Port Bruce / Llewdor from the end credits into a downloadable wallpaper? It truly is a terrific picture/screenshot, and it would make a nice (and inexpensive) giveaway/promo item for the fans, many of whom I'd think would enjoy!
When I created the outro, I actually took an existing image from the game, cropped it a bit, resized it a bit and threw a sepia filter over it. The overview is actually the very same picture you see in the introduction through the telescope, except the telescope edge is no longer blocking things. (I thought the pic looked too cool to just be seen in such tiny bits at a time) I'm sure JP will be flattered his pic is so popular. I'll see what I can do regarding this. The current pic is 900x651 which is not suitable as wallpaper. Maybe Eriq will be willing to do his thing to it.

goatmeal
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by goatmeal » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:42 am

Erpy wrote:That particular scene is Seran's glade on Treasure Island and the grave is meant to symbolize that with the treasure no longer binding his soul to the Island, he's found peace at last.
Thanks, Erpy. That makes sense; I knew it wasn't the oracle cave, but I couldn't remember for the life of me who else might have died, aside from the previous Gwydions -- I failed to make the connection with Seran.

Erpy wrote:When I created the outro, I actually took an existing image from the game, cropped it a bit, resized it a bit and threw a sepia filter over it. The overview is actually the very same picture you see in the introduction through the telescope, except the telescope edge is no longer blocking things. (I thought the pic looked too cool to just be seen in such tiny bits at a time) I'm sure JP will be flattered his pic is so popular. I'll see what I can do regarding this. The current pic is 900x651 which is not suitable as wallpaper. Maybe Eriq will be willing to do his thing to it.
I hope so; I could cobble something together myself from windowed screen captures from the game for personal use, but an actual "official" version would be the best!

It is a great bit of artwork, and really ends the game on a high note -- Alexander not only rescued himself and Daventry, but his adopted homeland of Llewdor as well. We know that Alexander's life will turn out much better, but the soaring overview shot also gives hope that the future of Llewdor will be much, much different than its recent past...

Loney Childress
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Loney Childress » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:40 am

I thought I ended the outro on a high note. :rollin

goatmeal
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by goatmeal » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:04 am

Loney Childress wrote:I thought I ended the outro on a high note. :rollin
That you did, LC... That you did! :lol

Terrific job on the vocals, btw.

Loney Childress
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Loney Childress » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks goatmeal. I was happy to be part of it.

flyinghammy
Peasant Status

#7 Post by flyinghammy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:43 am

I am going to try playing the game by being nice to the Medusa and also not getting the map, so that the pirate wouldn't teleport back to town and see if there is another version of the scene.

Katiilein
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Katiilein » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:56 am

I got another question is the Cat in the ending credits Manannan or the cat of him? xD

it is btw hilarious that he allergic against cat hair becomes a cat loved that dont know if that allergy was in the original game... but... its funny :D

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#9 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:10 am

Yup, that cat in the end credits is Manannan.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#10 Post by Erpy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:25 am

The cat shot in the outro is meant to be a bookend to the intro...in the intro it was Gwydion who was overlooking the valley in a bad phase in his life, in the outro it's Manannan sitting on that very spot overlooking the valley in a state of despair.