Walkthrough?

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

JusSonic
Peasant Status

Walkthrough?

#1 Post by JusSonic » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:33 am

Hey folks! JusSonic here. I'm new to this board and I'm a big fan of the KQ fans. My question is, will there be a walkthrough for KQ III Redux coming soon? I have been looking all over but no signs of any yet.

oversight1979
Royal Servant Status

Re: Walkthrough?

#2 Post by oversight1979 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:39 am

My friend. The game just came out what? A couple of days ago. I too wanted a walkthrough. But was able to get through it with help from everyone on here.

So? How can I be of assistance? Are you stuck? How can I help.

Probably won't see a walkthrough for awhile. The game isn't even a week old yet.

JusSonic
Peasant Status

#3 Post by JusSonic » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:43 am

oversight1979 wrote:My friend. The game just came out what? A couple of days ago. I too wanted a walkthrough. But was able to get through it with help from everyone on here.

So? How can I be of assistance? Are you stuck? How can I help.

Probably won't see a walkthrough for awhile. The game isn't even a week old yet.
Well, first off, the whole lever thing that keeps ya from getting into Mannannan's lab. I am stuck on that one and the walkthrough for the IA game obviously won't work for that one.

Loney Childress
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Loney Childress » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:46 am

The solution to the lever puzzle is not in the house, nor is there anyway of guessing it without finding the clue to it first. What you need to do is look for a place where you would find "information" about things.

sirkinght
Peasant Status

#5 Post by sirkinght » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:43 am

The hardest puzzle to me was the spider web. For what ever reason I couldn't put the two together until out of necessity I tried something that worked. For the wizards secrets, I didn't even know about all of them until I was told about them later in the game. So keep looking for other things to do and explore and eventually the answers become yours.

Getting off of the pirate ship was the other puzzle that confused me. Again solved out of desperation and talking to myself.

Though I did get 200 out of 210 so I missed a few things here and there. Not sure if I care too much.

-Sir Knight

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:16 am

I wrote a very detailed FAQ for the game some time back, but since it's way too much of a spoiler (also includes directions on all the awards) and since the game has only been out for a little while, it won't be available yet. I'm sure someone will probably post a walkthrough somewhere before that too. In the meantime, we'll be happy to help you with hints if you need them or spoilers if you're desperate.

As for the levers, explore the valley thoroughly first. Particularly the town.

JusSonic
Peasant Status

#7 Post by JusSonic » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:34 am

Erpy wrote:I wrote a very detailed FAQ for the game some time back, but since it's way too much of a spoiler (also includes directions on all the awards) and since the game has only been out for a little while, it won't be available yet. I'm sure someone will probably post a walkthrough somewhere before that too. In the meantime, we'll be happy to help you with hints if you need them or spoilers if you're desperate.

As for the levers, explore the valley thoroughly first. Particularly the town.

Yeah, the thing, I found just a walkthrough on Youtube by someone named Gameplaydump. The thing is though, it keeps showing Gwyndion/Alexander getting killed off time and again before restoring. Kind of a running gag which gets annoying quick. There is also that habit of clicking on stuff that random before actually doing something. I just want a walkthrough those doesn't involve that time and again.

I will try to look for another walkthrough, look at the one I mentioned or try to follow your advice though, folks.

RGH
Peasant Status

#8 Post by RGH » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:01 pm

Okay, I need help.

I know the answer is probably one of the simplest things in the game, but the simple puzzles are usually the ones that cause me the most pain.

How do you prepare a meal for Manaan? The food on the table in the kitchen does not seem to be the answer. Do I need to gather something for him in the valley or is their something in the kitchen that I must click on (I think I clicked every where in there!)?

Thanks, I am not looking for specific answers, but a little guidance.

bokkers
Peasant Status

#9 Post by bokkers » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:25 pm

The food from the kitchen is indeed the answer.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#10 Post by Erpy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:41 pm

You don't need to "prepare" something. You carry the meals already.

Chyron_8472
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by Chyron_8472 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Loney Childress wrote:The solution to the lever puzzle is not in the house, nor is there anyway of guessing it without finding the clue to it first. What you need to do is look for a place where you would find "information" about things.
In fact, the solution changes for every playthrough.

Scully
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Scully » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:13 pm

RGH wrote:How do you prepare a meal for Manaan? The food on the table in the kitchen does not seem to be the answer. Do I need to gather something for him in the valley or is their something in the kitchen that I must click on (I think I clicked every where in there!)?

You do need to click on the food items in the kitchen. If you need more food, later on, there's a place in the village that has easy access to food. ;)

The thing I had the most problems with, at first, was actually giving Manannan the food. There's a little bright point at the end or edge of each item. Make sure it's hovering over Manannan before you try and give it to him. I can't tell you how many times I missed this tiny little thing, and either clicked all over the room in frustration or clicked on myself by accident--and ended up "hanging around" in the kitchen as a punishment for eating Manannan's food by mistake.

RGH
Peasant Status

#13 Post by RGH » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:49 pm

Thanks everybody. I figured out the issue. I am playing in a window and it was too small. I didn't realize that there was a small point on the icon-pointer that triggered whether interactions occur. I guess I was lucky with the game up until that point. Thanks again for the help.

ARSENAL6A
Peasant Status

#14 Post by ARSENAL6A » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:42 pm

I need help on the pirate ship

How do i get my things back ?

WHen I'm on the Island I complete the first puzzle with the wieghts but when it is over i get fallen off from the bridge.

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#15 Post by TriniMage » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:01 pm

ARSENAL6A wrote:WHen I'm on the Island I complete the first puzzle with the wieghts but when it is over i get fallen off from the bridge.
Look carefully and you will find a lever to lock the end of the bridge so it does not tilt as you cross over.

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#16 Post by TriniMage » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:09 pm

Scully wrote:
RGH wrote:There's a little bright point at the end or edge of each item. Make sure it's hovering over Manannan before you try and give it to him. I can't tell you how many times I missed this tiny little thing, and either clicked all over the room in frustration or clicked on myself by accident--and ended up "hanging around" in the kitchen as a punishment for eating Manannan's food by mistake.
A similar but deadly situation arises when making spells...

ARSENAL6A
Peasant Status

#17 Post by ARSENAL6A » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:21 pm

TriniMage wrote:
ARSENAL6A wrote:WHen I'm on the Island I complete the first puzzle with the wieghts but when it is over i get fallen off from the bridge.
Look carefully and you will find a lever to lock the end of the bridge so it does not tilt as you cross over.
Duh ! I just found it ! silly me !

Man you need to beef up the gaphics a little
The next trouble I am are these annoying stones
I get the puzzle - its about the colours in the riddle

Blue-Yellow-Red- white -Brown -Green- white and the last one purple ?
I did that, but i end up on th otherside of the pond and when I trace back my steps I sink to the ground

help !

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#18 Post by TriniMage » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:58 am

ARSENAL6A wrote: Man you need to beef up the gaphics a little
The next trouble I am are these annoying stones
I get the puzzle - its about the colours in the riddle

Blue-Yellow-Red- white -Brown -Green- white and the last one purple ?
I did that, but i end up on th otherside of the pond and when I trace back my steps I sink to the ground

help !
I don't think the sequence is randomized as I always have the same poem every time I replay... This is the sequence for me...
Blue (clear sky)- red (blood) - gold (fields of wheat)- green (grasses) - purity (snow) - grey and brown (earth)
The path snakes to other side with you using the sequence three times... and then click the hand on the other side of the path

ARSENAL6A
Peasant Status

#19 Post by ARSENAL6A » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:51 pm

completed
Last edited by ARSENAL6A on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

ARSENAL6A
Peasant Status

#20 Post by ARSENAL6A » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:00 am

After the stone Riddle
What do I nned to do on the third one ?

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#21 Post by TriniMage » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:36 am

ARSENAL6A wrote:After the stone Riddle
What do I nned to do on the third one ?
You need to choose... Obviously the jewel is last...

ARSENAL6A
Peasant Status

#22 Post by ARSENAL6A » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:06 am

Huh ?
what do you mean choose ?

I'm at the gate and i have to choose the slates

what is Salens gate ?

adeyke

#23 Post by adeyke » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:01 am

To solve the gate puzzle, you need to pick up the stone tiles from the ground and place them in the arch in the correct order. It's called Seran's gate, and the key is in the name.

ARSENAL6A
Peasant Status

#24 Post by ARSENAL6A » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:51 am

yeah but whos Seran anyway ?

any relation to wizard mananan ?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#25 Post by Erpy » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:08 am

Seran himself tells you who he is.