Planning on Making Walkthrough KQ3 Redux

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Fender178
Knight Status

Planning on Making Walkthrough KQ3 Redux

#1 Post by Fender178 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Im planning on making a text based walkthrough for this game. and I have a question. I know with the symbols for the laboratory puzzle change with each new game that is started. I also know with the importance puzzle to get the treasure and the other objects the answer to that puzzle also changes with each new game started. The puzzle to help Medusa/S turn back to human form does that puzzle's answers stay the same or do they change with each new game that is started?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Planning on Making Walkthrough KQ3 Redux

#2 Post by Erpy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:15 pm

The symbols for the lab entry are randomized each game. The other things stay the same. (though the weights in the first test on Treasure Island are also picked randomly)

flyinghammy
Peasant Status

#3 Post by flyinghammy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:02 am

I believe the placements of the items to choose from Seran is also random

JusSonic
Peasant Status

#4 Post by JusSonic » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:06 am

Fender178 wrote:Im planning on making a text based walkthrough for this game. and I have a question. I know with the symbols for the laboratory puzzle change with each new game that is started. I also know with the importance puzzle to get the treasure and the other objects the answer to that puzzle also changes with each new game started. The puzzle to help Medusa/S turn back to human form does that puzzle's answers stay the same or do they change with each new game that is started?
Oh, cool idea. I support the idea of a walkthrough. I wish I could help but I haven't got far in the game by now.

Scully
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Scully » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:34 am

I am creating a comprehensive walkthrough, and I've gotten as far as the swamp on Treasure Island. Still trying to figure that one out. I've never written a walkthrough before...how do I submit it?

goatmeal
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by goatmeal » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:35 am

flyinghammy wrote:I believe the placements of the items to choose from Seran is also random
While it's true the items are placed randomly, the answer's order remains the same... :)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:31 am

Submit it? We're not hosting walkthroughs on our site, btw. There's already one written that we feel is comprehensive enough to be added at some point.

JusSonic
Peasant Status

#8 Post by JusSonic » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:28 am

Erpy wrote:Submit it? We're not hosting walkthroughs on our site, btw. There's already one written that we feel is comprehensive enough to be added at some point.

For those who want to submit their own walkthrough of the games, I suggest maybe even gameFAQs and gameboomers. I would give the links but I am not sure if we're allowed to do that here.

MartijnF
Peasant Status

#9 Post by MartijnF » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:43 am

GameFAQs is *the* place for walkthroughs. They've already added King's Quest III Redux to their list of games, but no walkthroughs have been posted yet.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/620222-kings-quest-iii-redux

Scully
Peasant Status

#10 Post by Scully » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:08 pm

I'm not sure how long it will take them to post it--but I just submitted my walkthrough to them. :-)

JusSonic
Peasant Status

#11 Post by JusSonic » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:04 pm

Scully wrote:I'm not sure how long it will take them to post it--but I just submitted my walkthrough to them. :-)
Cool! I hope to see it there soon.

Also, I got a question of which I've heard about the missing spell page: any ideas where it could be?