Finished With A Perfect Score!

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Scully
Peasant Status

Finished With A Perfect Score!

#1 Post by Scully » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:31 am

I just finished the game, with a perfect score! Whoo hoo!! But I'm baffled...I know it's been a long time since I played KQ1 and KQ2, but I don't remember anything about a curse. Could someone please refresh my memory?

I worked on the walkthrough as I was playing, and that's finished, too. Once I tweak it a little, it'll be ready for anyone who wants to see it. I'll come back and post where I upload the pdf, until I know what's the proper procedure for submitting it.
:p

Thanks, guys, for a delightful game! Can't wait for you to redo the others (Graham's quest with the owl never would work on my system).

Katiilein
Peasant Status

Re: Finished With A Perfect Score!

#2 Post by Katiilein » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:37 am

It's part of the storyline of this particular line of Kings Quest remakes... you best play the Kings Quest II remake from this side too :D it will answer your questions :)

Scully
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Scully » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:27 am

Here it is...please let me know what you think! (Keeping in mind that I've never done a walkthrough of my own before...)

-- link removed --

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#4 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:43 am

Thanks, Scully. Glad to hear that you had fun with the game and went to the effort of writing that up.

However, I've had to remove the direct link from the forum, as we we'd like to keep walkthroughs and spoilers from being posted here so soon after the game's release. We want to encourage people to play through the game themselves and ask for hints if necessary. If anyone is interested in seeing it though, you can always send it to them via PM. :)

As for the curse, Katiilein is correct. You'll want to download and play our version of King's Quest II: Romancing the Stones, the prequel to this game, which contains all the necessary backstory you need to know.

Scully
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Scully » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:04 pm

Okay, no problem. But if anyone needs help, or if you want to use it later on, just let me know! :-D

I'm feeling extremely smug that I managed to not only finish it with so few "what do I do NOW??" headaches, but got a perfect score on the first try. Fortunately I remembered most of the solutions from the original game, so it was just a matter of figuring out the new puzzles. (I am sorry there weren't more challenges on the island...I was expecting at least 5 or 6 before reaching Seran.)

I did download and play your remake of KQII a very long time ago...but all I really remember is the vampire not being hurt by the cross, and the little girl becoming a vampire instead of the father being restored. Which I found very disappointing. Guess I'll have to go back and play it again...aw, what a shame! LOL