Thanks for the KQ3 remake

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

affebaffe
Peasant Status

Thanks for the KQ3 remake

#1 Post by affebaffe » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:17 am

I’ve just finished playing KQ3 and I must say that the remake is superb so I would like to thank AGD for making this possible.

I played the original KQ’s (as well as the Space Quest and Larry games) but the KQ’s were my favorites.

Playing the KQ Redux really felt sorry when I had to transform Manannan to cat. After spending so much time with him I felt I got to know him. I know he has a brother and a sister and that the people of Llewdor did disturb him and therefore needed constant watching.

He also added zest to the game. Whenever I was exploring the country side or working in secret in his laboratory the thought that he could pop up any moment increased my excitement as I was playing.

He is an old man who needs peace and quiet and I’m his servant forever poking around and trying to find out his secrets and make magic. Of course he kills me from time to time but since I’m resilient I could easily forgive him. So transforming him into a cat and leaving him alone in his house was hard. So hard that I had to do all the spells before I gave him the cat cookie.

I didn’t know that playing KQ could make you suffer from the “Stockholm Syndrome”

My apology to the three Behr’s as well. Yes I did take the porridge a number of times but every time I got back there was a new bowel of porridge on the table so baby Behr should not lack nourishment. But I sat on baby Behr’s chair, it broke and it never got mended again. Every time I went back to pinch porridge I looked at the broken chair and I felt bad about it.

Playing time a bit more than 3, 5 hrs and 209 points.

I got the Molasses Award (long playing time?), the Stockholm Award (sparing Manannan as long as possible?) and the Klutz Award (breaking baby Behr’s chair?)

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

Re: Thanks for the KQ3 remake

#2 Post by TriniMage » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:49 pm

affebaffe wrote: I got the Molasses Award (long playing time?), the Stockholm Award (sparing Manannan as long as possible?) and the Klutz Award (breaking baby Behr’s chair?)
Still trying to figure out all the actions required for the Stockholm award. The Klutz Award involves a lot of falling down and bumping into something which makes you say “ouch”. Did you have falls? I am not sure if breaking baby Behr’s chair is also one of the actions for Klutz. You are correct the Molasses Award is for the length of play time...

El Ravager
Knight Status

#3 Post by El Ravager » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:27 pm

I am not sure if breaking baby Behr’s chair is also one of the actions for Klutz.
No, it isn't; I got the klutz award without breaking the chair.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:56 pm

The chair is one of the contributing factors. You can get klutz without it though, since you don't need to get all criteria in the game.

affebaffe
Peasant Status

#5 Post by affebaffe » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 pm

TriniMage wrote:Still trying to figure out all the actions required for the Stockholm award.
I still think that not giving Manannan the "Cat cookie" as soon as you get the ingredients and find the missing page in the spell book is what earned me the Stockholm Award.
Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express adulation and have positive feelings towards their captors that appear irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, essentially mistaking a lack of abuse from their captors as an act of kindness.
The syndrome is named after the Norrmalmstorg robbery of Kreditbanken at Norrmalmstorg in Stockholm, in which the bank robbers held bank employees hostage from August 23 to August 28, 1973. In this case, the victims became emotionally attached to their captors, and even defended them after they were freed from their six-day ordeal.
Perhaps Erpy can solve this problem?

Lambonius
Knight Status

#6 Post by Lambonius » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:55 am

affebaffe wrote:Yes I did take the porridge a number of times but every time I got back there was a new bowel of porridge on the table so baby Behr should not lack nourishment.
Hilarious typo. I wish you could leave a bowel movement somewhere in the Behr's house. That'd show those pesky Behrs.