Unexpected deaths, let's start with a cat...

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Ayrus
Peasant Status

Unexpected deaths, let's start with a cat...

#1 Post by Ayrus » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:58 pm

I started a new game, and quickly picked up the cat which is in the room at the beginning of each game. I did not rip his fur, so I was holding it when Manannan arrived. I was surprised when he raised his hands and said, "You will not mistreat my pet!" and killed me instantly. I didn't expect that, that was funny, was that in the original game? :) Death message was something like "Didn't you know that Manannan values his cat more than you?". This seems to contradict the cats belief that Manannan doesn't appreciate his cat anymore since you showed up :). So the cat doesn't need to worry at least.

Other somewhat unexpected death was when I used the storm brew aboard the pirate ship. I meant to try to use the sleeping powder, but used storm brew instead. At first I thought I may have helped myself, but let's just say bad things happened, try it yourself. Good animation anyway.

Are there other, unusual deaths you people have found, aside from the usual falling off a cliff?

Fender178
Knight Status

Re: Unexpected deaths, let's start with a cat...

#2 Post by Fender178 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:15 am

Hmm interesting. I dont know if this death was in the original. I knew of the storm brew death from the original. I never ran into any unexpected deaths.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#3 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:22 am

Talking to the first mate too much before paying the captain... I think that death is still in there.

Fender178
Knight Status

#4 Post by Fender178 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:27 am

Change that The usual death for me that when I messed up learning how to fly like an eagle or a fly that it would change you into an eagle if you gotten the eagle feather.

calvinfoo
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by calvinfoo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:28 am

1. Leave his wardrobe or closets open, wait until he is back from travel. "How dare you mess with my personal belongings!"
2. Did not put back the wand into the safe. Not sure what's the reply, I didn't try that, but I did that in the classic KQ3 "How dare you steal my Magic Wand!" (something like that I assumed)

Chyron_8472
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by Chyron_8472 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:27 am

I didn't at all expect to die when I first jumped off the ship.

I jump off, and it says "Next time use a plank." What? I can't fall off the side in this game? Where's a plank? is there one behind the captain's quarters? Nope. Okay, so I can't jump off then.... ...hmm... OOH, I KNOW! And I was able to leave the ship.

As several people mentioned, it makes sense for a boy, who has never left a house on a mountain top, to never have learned how to swim.

Come to think of it, he can't swim worth a crap in KQ6 either. The game blames strong undercurrents, but now I'm not so sure.

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by TriniMage » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:42 pm

When trying to escape the ship as a fly, I never expected to be eaten by a fish... fly fishing joke...