Little touches

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MisterKerr
Peasant Status

Little touches

#1 Post by MisterKerr » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:40 am

This may have been mentioned before, but one thing I really liked about this remake is the attention to details, in almost every sense of that word. For example, I really appreciated the fact that Alexander can't swim, since logically he's had no chance to learn, being locked up in Manannan's house all those years. Also, I like how Alexander's portrait is nearly identical to his picture in KQVI (except for the clothes, of course). Little things that might go unnoticed to the unobservant but enhance the game as a whole.

Any others?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Little touches

#2 Post by Erpy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:56 am

One thing that's consistently implemented is that any background description mentioning Manannan changes once he's pussified. That's a lot of descriptions throughout the Llewdor part of the game.

hammer
Peasant Status

#3 Post by hammer » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:18 pm

On that note, I was a bit disappointed that after being able to talk to the storekeeper for 10 years about his whole life story and Manannan and whatever, there was no way to go back afterwards and tell him that Mannannan was a cat and he didn't have to live his life in fear anymore.

Or walk into the bar and say "No more curfew!"

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#4 Post by navynuke04 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:03 pm

In the original, if the cat was in the same room as you and you went to another room, sometimes he would appear in that room as well. This made it appear as though he teleported past you. In the remake, the cat won't do this. His movements are random, but conform to some rules.

affebaffe
Peasant Status

#5 Post by affebaffe » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:52 am

After transforming Manannan into a cat his picture on the wall turns black.
Clicking the mouth icon on it, it goes “Meow!” back at you once.