Spell trouble (Musical Talent)...

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

crawlingdead
Peasant Status

Spell trouble (Musical Talent)...

#1 Post by crawlingdead » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:31 pm

Hi guys, Im probably just overlooking something really simple, but I cant seem to get this spell! I put the ocean water in the flask then sand then soil all no prob, but how do I properly shake it? Ive tried everything I can think of including waggling the mouse all over the screen with the flask on my cursor =p

adeyke

Re: Spell trouble (Musical Talent)...

#2 Post by adeyke » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:33 pm

To shake it, click the hand cursor on it in the inventory.

crawlingdead
Peasant Status

#3 Post by crawlingdead » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:45 pm

arg! yep overly simple =p thanks for the help. Id died a few times by clicking ingredients with the hand icon so Id trained myself to never do it =p

ARSENAL6A
Peasant Status

#4 Post by ARSENAL6A » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:01 am

crawlingdead wrote:Hi guys, Im probably just overlooking something really simple, but I cant seem to get this spell! I put the ocean water in the flask then sand then soil all no prob, but how do I properly shake it? Ive tried everything I can think of including waggling the mouse all over the screen with the flask on my cursor =p

Where did you get the soil ?

Lambonius
Knight Status

#5 Post by Lambonius » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:15 am

ARSENAL6A wrote:
crawlingdead wrote:Hi guys, Im probably just overlooking something really simple, but I cant seem to get this spell! I put the ocean water in the flask then sand then soil all no prob, but how do I properly shake it? Ive tried everything I can think of including waggling the mouse all over the screen with the flask on my cursor =p

Where did you get the soil ?
Search Llewdor for a place where the residents have worked the soil to grow things. ;)

calvinfoo
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by calvinfoo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:47 am

crawlingdead wrote:Ive tried everything I can think of including waggling the mouse all over the screen with the flask on my cursor =p
LOL... this is interesting... You must've think too much... It didn't come to me that I need to gasture the mouse.

Anyway, the idea is interesting. It is logical to gasture the mouse (or shake the iPhone) to simulate shaking the bottle

I am thinking what if KQ3R is in iPhone...
How about:
1. blowing the bowl
2. kiss the stone
3. stir the bowl (this is easy, circular motion on iPhone)

Lady Sibyl
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Lady Sibyl » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:26 pm

All of a sudden I'm having trouble with this spell. I've done it before correctly, and now it's giving me a "You shouldn't try making up your own spells."

I read through the spell twice before I did anything. Here are the steps I took to try to cast the spell. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
1) I poured the ocean water from the cup to the empty flask I found on the wizard's shelves.
2) I added the desert sand.
3) I added the fertile soil I got from Mama Bear's garden.
4) I used the Hand Icon on the flask to "shake it thoroughly".

Then I tried to use the Arrow Icon to select the magic wand to wave over the flask, but as soon as I finished shaking the flask, I got a screen of Alexander singing and an endgame warning notice: You shouldn't try making up your own spells.

I'm positive the spellbook said to wave the wand before reciting the spell.

What am I doing wrong? As always, advice is greatly appreciated!