Fly wings (split from This game is way too difficult)

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Taryn
Peasant Status

Fly wings (split from This game is way too difficult)

#1 Post by Taryn » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:13 am

I've been a KQ fan for years (some may know me as Helghast Warning over on Sierra Planet) and I really have been enjoying this KQ3 remake ^_^ Took me some time to find the code, but that's only because I hadn't found every screen in Llewdor yet. I was rushing through early on as I didn't know you have infinite time.

Anyway, I got a lot of stuff figured out, got the mandrake, prepared 3 spells, got the page for the kitty spell. However, I've never been able to find the fly wings anywhere. I looked at the spider web, tried things with the bees' tree, examined the kitchen and dining room, checked the tower where it used to be, and even examined what looked like a pile of puke in the tavern. I could use a little push in the right direction there ^_~ Or do I not need the fly wings yet? I'm trying to get into the bandits' tree. Climbing it didn't work.

Edit: Sorry about that, I thought that other thread was for any generic help. My home board (not Sierra/KQ-related) has a lot of threads like that.

adeyke

Re: Fly wings (split from This game is way too difficult)

#2 Post by adeyke » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:42 am

I've gone ahead and split this into its own topic.

The wings are found in the same place as the original. However, there's a scripted sequence that happens before it appears. Unfortunately, there are some glitches associated with that sequence. It might take a few tries, and it apparently won't happen if you're carrying any illegal items.

Taryn
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Taryn » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:21 am

Thank you so much!

I had never gone in there empty-handed before. Even when I went in and out with nothing, it took like 4 tries before the sequence happened.

Now I can go on and see what else I can do ^_~

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by TriniMage » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:44 am

adeyke wrote: ... apparently won't happen if you're carrying any illegal items.
This explains why I had not been able to trigger it when Mannanan is not in the house or asleep as I would take up all the items from under the bed as soon as he left or went to sleep... I would climb up and down the stairs trying to trigger it. It took so long to get the cat fur that I decided to adventure on and forgot about the cat fur until I needed to make the cookie. Then I discovered that if you make the Understanding Animals spell with the dog fur before you get the cat fur you don’t get the point for getting the cat fur... viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15090
I always wondered how it was so easy when Mannanan was in the house and awake and thought that he was the trigger ...
Thanks...

Taryn
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Taryn » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:31 pm

I beat the game ^_^ Got 207/210 points, not sure what I missed. Can I do anything with The Father before the ending other than just talk to him?

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by TriniMage » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:04 pm

Taryn wrote:I beat the game ^_^ Got 207/210 points, not sure what I missed. Can I do anything with The Father before the ending other than just talk to him?
No you can only talk to the guy in black... What Awards did you get?

How did you deal with Medusa?

Taryn
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Taryn » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:05 am

Molasses and Stockholm I think. I took until around 2:30:00 to win.

I showed the mirror to Medusa.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#8 Post by Brainiac » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:45 am

TriniMage wrote:How did you deal with Medusa?
Taryn wrote:I showed the mirror to Medusa.
Who's Medusa? Do you mean Smaude? :p

As TriniMage said, trying dealing with Smaude in a more peaceful manner.