Firewall??

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

glaurung
Peasant Status

Firewall??

#1 Post by glaurung » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:06 am

Would you believe that I have gotten ALL the way to Daventry, killed the dragon, rescued Rosella (all by myself, I might add) and STILL cannot find a way to pass the fire wall, in order to get to the castle and receive my just reward and gratification????

I suspect that the healing orb I found in Serans treasure chest might have something to do with this, but I have no idea how. Any hint will be greatly appreciated!!!

And speaking of appreciation: This game has been a marvelous experience and an absolute joy to play!!! My first encounter with the world of Kings Quest, started with AGDI, or Tierra as it was then, and their wonderful remakes of KQ1 and KQ2! Especially the KQ2+ was a mind blowing experience, with the voice acting, the beautiful graphics and totally absorbing storytelling it presented! It still is, for me, the best game I have ever played, it even beats the original KQ6!

I just wanted to extend my most heartfelt gratitude to the team for, once again, providing me with a breathtaking spectacle of beautiful imagery and top notch storytelling!

You guys are the best out there..!!!

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

Re: Firewall??

#2 Post by TriniMage » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:20 am

glaurung wrote:...STILL cannot find a way to pass the fire wall, in order to get to the castle and receive my just reward and gratification????
I guess you have saved the game in this screen. You have to time it... and click on the other side of the wall...
If the flames are too fast use the slider button and slow down the game speed, but this will also cause you characters to move slower...

glaurung
Peasant Status

#3 Post by glaurung » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:55 pm

Oh, so there really is a question of timing here? I have tried to time my passing, but not been successful yet. But, I will keep at it, now that I know what to do.

Thank you very much for your help, TriniMage! Greatly appreciated!

Lambonius
Knight Status

#4 Post by Lambonius » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:23 pm

glaurung wrote:Oh, so there really is a question of timing here? I have tried to time my passing, but not been successful yet. But, I will keep at it, now that I know what to do.

Thank you very much for your help, TriniMage! Greatly appreciated!
Yeah, it's all timing. You should be able to do one firewall at a time.

Try to time it so that you click in between the two firewalls right after they both go off simultaneously (you'll have just a split second or two more time right after that dual burst.)

Then just wait for it to happen again and click past the second one.

Keep at it, and you'll get it. :)

TriniMage
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by TriniMage » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:46 pm

Lambonius wrote: Try to time it so that you click in between the two firewalls right after they both go off simultaneously (you'll have just a split second or two more time right after that dual burst.)
Then just wait for it to happen again and click past the second one.
Keep at it, and you'll get it. :)
Even when I clicked beyond the second wall Gwydion crosses only the first and waits for Rosella, then I have to click beyond the second wall again.
Again using the game speed slider will slow down the fire speed so you can go as close as possible to the first wall and then you will have more time to click...

Xandarius
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by Xandarius » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:09 pm

The flames have a 5-over-4 compound rhythm, which follows this basic pattern:

x----x----x----x----
x---x---x---x---x---

after which it repeats. I always time it that I click right after both flames come up at the same time.