Completed the quest. Thanks for this remake

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

KingPieter
Peasant Status

Completed the quest. Thanks for this remake

#1 Post by KingPieter » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:46 pm

I just want to express my thanks to all the people helping in creating this remake. You brought me some nostalgic fun for a couple of evenings.

Thanks All an hoping for more to come..

Pieter

Nightmare
Peasant Status

Re: Completed the quest. Thanks for this remake

#2 Post by Nightmare » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:40 pm

I just finished this great game and I also wanted to express my thanks for making this remake. I really enjoyed it and it brought back old memories. I like that the game is longer and all the new puzzles and plots...it all worked out very well for me. Also the graphic is astonishing. The landscapes are top-notch. I am looking forward for your next remake. I hold my fingers crossed for kq4. I'll be dancing around my house should you anounce to make it.

Thank you and keep up the good work.

Sir A
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Sir A » Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:19 pm

I also wanted to say thank you for all your hard work, it is much appreiciated.
I just love this game and also KQ 1 + 2, I actually play them over and over again whenever I get the chance, these are the only games that rob me of my work hours :).
I really hpoe you guys will consider taking on KQ4, I will be forever greatful.

WGPlutonium
Peasant Status

#4 Post by WGPlutonium » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:00 am

First I would like to say thankyou for the last 7 years of entertainment (when I discovered the Tierra remakes)! I throughly enjoyed KQ 1 and 2 (especially 2), they really challenged me, always trying my best to not take any hints, it gave me a chance to enjoy adventure gaming again. I was disappointed, though, when it seemed that KQ2 was the last KQ game to be remade by what is now know as AGDI... the other day my brother said that AGDI made a new version of KQ3 (though I've never played through KQ3 before) and I could hardly believe it! I knew the quality that AGDI makes, so I just had to play it. It was a blast, and I really enjoyed the tie-in's with the Silver Lining. As I said I've never played the original or IA's remake, what were some of the differences?
Though there were some head scratchers (like I ran around the map looking for dew like 50 times for like 2 hours lol!) I'm sad that I beat it so quickly by comparison to KQ2 which took me like a month give or take. I wish I hadn't looked at that hint for the door with the Runes (otherwise I might still be playing KQ3+ right now lol).

Anywho, AGDI, you never cease to amaze, and though it would be cool to have KQ4 redux to complete the cannon for the silver lining/have a point and click version of all the KQ games (though I know much work it is), even if this is the last KQ from your studios, it doesn't take away from the awesome work that you've done over the years.

PS There might be a hole in the walking region by the spider cave, I walked from the river on to land, but it was still animating as though I was walking in water, though it may have just been a fluke. :p
Last edited by WGPlutonium on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#5 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:31 am

Thanks for the glowing feedback!

Our games, however, don't tie in with The Silver Lining. AGDI's villain (The Father/Morgeilen) is not the same person as TSL's villain and the storylines of each team operate independently.

If it's been a while since you played our KQ2+ remake, I recommend downloading and playing through the newest version (v3.1c) which has undergone a major visual enhancement since earlier versions. That will also help to acquaint you better with the Father's backstory if you've forgotten it.

WGPlutonium
Peasant Status

#6 Post by WGPlutonium » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:42 am

Oh my bad, I just assumed that the Black Cloak society was a continuous sub-plot made up for the remakes/fan sequels, it seemed to fit together so well (perhaps the silver lining team was connecting to AGDI's sub-plot?) Anywho, I have an extremely long memory for these types of games, so i'll probably wait a bit longer before playing KQ2+ again (maybe I'll forget more of the puzzles ;) )

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#7 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:05 pm

TSL uses the same "Black Cloak Society" or "Society of the Black Cloak" villain group mentioned briefly in KQ6 that we use but made up of a completely different arch-villain (Shadrack, not The Father) and a completely different backstory and mythology.