Finished the game -- what am I missing? (Spoilers)

This forum is for discussion about KQIII Redux. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

SoulBlazer
Peasant Status

Finished the game -- what am I missing? (Spoilers)

#1 Post by SoulBlazer » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:53 am

So I really enjoyed this remake of KQ 3. I thought the effort done in updating this classic went a long way to helping out what I had always considered, IMHO, the 'black sheep' and weakest game of the KQ series. It was a lot of fun to play and knowing how the eariler game worked did not really help that much -- if anything, I'd say that it made it HARDER in some cases, cause I'd 'assume' knowing how it worked and then found it didn't quite go that way anymore... :eek

I also really liked how they added that 'built in warning system' so you knew when to high tail it back to the house, and how they removed the 'limited food' options and being stuck in the game.

I finally finished the game with 6 points missing, and I'd love to know what the heck I missed!

I suspect most of those points are due to two things I didn't do in the game that I've seen hints here on the forum that you CAN do....but I can't find anywhere where anyone has spelled out, in clear, simple 'stupid do this and do that' English how to accomplish. Can someone finally enlighten me, please? :D

1) How do you deal with the medusa in a human way, without killing her with the mirror? (and how many points vs the killing way?)
2) How do you get the magic map that you could also get in the original game? I've seen a vague clue that you can buy it, but that was it. (and again, how many points)

If those don't give me the missing 6 points, what else did I miss, I wonder? I did these things:

1) Evesdrop on the bandits in the tavern
2) Used the dog hair to make the spell
3) Gotten the letter from the wizards sister

One last big question. Toward the end of the game, can you do anything with the idol or is it a plot device? And can you do anything with that mysterious robbed man besides just talk to him?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Finished the game -- what am I missing? (Spoilers)

#2 Post by Brainiac » Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:05 am

The magic map is in the same place as the original; you just need to figure out where to click. It's worth three points.

Dealing with Smaude in a peaceful manner requires a bit of daring. Why don't you try facing her directly? Petrifying her nets you two points while the peaceful method will give you an additional three.

That should cover your missing six points.